No announcement yet.

I'm not sure about this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy what if they sends out an old man and he is to old to climb up a ladder? You know like someone who came from the class of 1976. Can he use the drone then?

Comment

What if, the guy they send out to inspect is a GOF with poor eyesight?

I would let them play with their drone and wait for the results. "If" they declined them claim, that's when you go into "GOF" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

What’s your point? He hasn’t denied you yet. Let him use the drone. If he denies the claim, then get upset about his methods.
        Oh I'm gonna let him fly. I'm just worried that some of the smaller details might get missed. We'll see.
        Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
        Randy what if they sends out an old man and he is to old to climb up a ladder? You know like someone who came from the class of 1976. Can he use the drone then?
        If you came from the class of 1976, your still a ******! Even I can still climb a ladder. (if the doc would let me )

Comment

Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

Just skip the frustration and the possibility of having to have them come back and request they do an in person inspection. They are just trying to save $.....you know, b/c they don't have enough.

Comment

Would y'all rather know what kind of steak I cooked last night?

Comment

Drones can get just as close as any person can. Only thing that matters is the resolution on the camera. They don't just fly on their own. They are controlled.

If you had a busted skylight, you are not going to need much of an inspection at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Would y'all rather know what kind of steak I cooked last night?
                  Randy you work for TI. We know you can not afford steak.

Comment

Drone images are very clear. I was surprised the first time I used one. Let him fly it and stand next to him when he does it. You will be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                      Randy you work for TI. We know you can not afford steak.
                      We're Raytheon now. I can get steaks in the marked down section now.

Comment

They're probably looking for signs that the roof was already depreciated prior to the hail so they can pay you less.

Comment

I inspected Randy's roof on Monday. It's totaled and the drone shouldn't be a problem. In 2017, Allstate sent a drone pilot (they are not licensed adjusters) to look at a roof in Prosper and the desk adjuster denied it. Said it wasn't hail damage, just blisters. I took pictures and sent them in. Met the adjuster when he came to inspect and he said before even climbing the roof, that from my pictures....he could tell there were blisters, but also hail damage and was buying the roof. They do miss some stuff, but the contractor can photo document missed damage and file for a supplement. Drones definitely make sense in areas hit by hurricanes and tornadoes, where a roof top inspection isn't safe. I just think it is poor customer service when a roof top inspection isn't dangerous. Many times there can be damage that needs to be addressed immediately and the desk adjuster can't see it from the photos. Also can make the homeowner feel that the insurance company is already cutting corners to save money and what else will they do save more $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
                            I inspected Randy's roof on Monday. It's totaled and the drone shouldn't be a problem. In 2017, Allstate sent a drone pilot (they are not licensed adjusters) to look at a roof in Prosper and the desk adjuster denied it. Said it wasn't hail damage, just blisters. I took pictures and sent them in. Met the adjuster when he came to inspect and he said before even climbing the roof, that from my pictures....he could tell there were blisters, but also hail damage and was buying the roof. They do miss some stuff, but the contractor can photo document missed damage and file for a supplement. Drones definitely make sense in areas hit by hurricanes and tornadoes, where a roof top inspection isn't safe. I just think it is poor customer service when a roof top inspection isn't dangerous. Many times there can be damage that needs to be addressed immediately and the desk adjuster can't see it from the photos. Also can make the homeowner feel that the insurance company is already cutting corners to save money and what else will they do save more $$$.
                            Thanks Mark.

Gonna climb my old fat *** up there and cover the skylight. May be some rain Friday night or Sat morning. Adjuster is not coming until next Wed.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Thanks Mark.

Gonna climb my old fat *** up there and cover the skylight. May be some rain Friday night or Sat morning. Adjuster is not coming until next Wed.
                              don't do that--I will come up after work and cover it for you

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                                don't do that--I will come up after work and cover it for you
                                You've done enough for me Spencer.

Comment

Working...
                                X