X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pecan Plantation?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Check that pool dirt for arrowheads. That rise right by the river is almost certainly an Indian site.
      I look constantly, especially down by the river and have never found anything. There is an island in the river that gets covered when the river is high. I always go out there to search once the water is back down. All the weeds, silt, trash get washed away and it leave a huge field of river rock bare. Bet I've walked over stuff just not knowing it.

The oxbow that is our neighborhood was supposed to be a favored indian winter camp. Very defensible back in the days when you needed to find a river crossing as there is only a small strip of land at the entrance. Now with the **** you can walk across the river just about anywhere.

Comment

The site would be about where your home sits. Probably stuff in the river but the good stuff will be on the dirt. No flint flakes in the dirt where the pool was dug?

Comment

That's going to be a super cool pad man, when's the party?

Comment

The pool looks nice!

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            All my St. Augustine sod installed last year is trashed. Wondering if if there is a seed grass like perphaps zoysia that I can spread on all this red dirt to beat the weeds coming in?
            Due to a gas main break in my backyard last Spring and all the heat/drought from last summer, I lost a large amount of our St. Augustine grass. About 70% of my backyard alone, even with a 45' tall Red Oak covering half of it.

I grabbed a bag of this stuff from HD:
            https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-3...5102/203619494

So far, it grows very quickly and thickened up pretty nicely over the last 4 weeks since I spread it. It's cheap and I don't know how long it will last, but it's working for now.

I used a battery-powered hand spreader for the seeds:
            https://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotts-W...75275-23-12030

Watered it once per day for the first week, then once every other day after. With the help of some recent rains, I can't complain at all. You'll start seeing sprouts within about 3-4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
              The pool looks nice!

I grabbed a bag of this stuff from HD:
              https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-3...5102/203619494
              Thanks for that. I looked at the hydromulch option but the companies I found all need a minimum job way bigger than this area. May also just have it sodded again but I'm not doing St. Augustine again for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                The site would be about where your home sits. Probably stuff in the river but the good stuff will be on the dirt. No flint flakes in the dirt where the pool was dug?
                lol, thats what i was thinking.

Comment

Never have found a piece of flint on my property or even down at the river. Keep in mind, my house sits in what was once a working pecan orchard. This ground has been plowed up many times I'm sure and dirt would have been brought in to build up the home sites.

Comment

Pouring deck on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice! We love our zoysia grass. Less water needed than st augustine. But Bermuda may do better on that sunny side of yard.

Comment

In.

Comment

Here is my side yard for the pups. Demoed the aging flagstone with trip hazards and will get new sidewalk and patio matching the pool deck. I excavated and marked my septic clean outs this morning to be sure the contractor doesn’t pave over them.
                          Irrigation was destroyed by the pool excavation so this yard will get synlawn. Hate mowing this and can get rid of my push mower now since the rest of the property can be done with the ZT.

Comment

Building my river resort

Puppy yard sidewalk and patio forms set. Pour Thursday.

Comment

Crew of 18 guys got all the pour done today. Some cleanup left tomorrow morning and then we are just waiting on the plaster guy.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X