Airbags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbags

I have a 2019 F250 that squats a little too much for my taste when I pull my tractor. Speaking of squat, I don’t know squat about airbags but I’m willing to learn. Will a set of bags level me up and put a little more weight on the steering axle ? If so, that’s what I’m looking to do. Educate me, any info will beat what I know.

In for comments. Also to expand- I feel like manual valves will be better than the cell phone control stuff? More dependable at least.

Comment

I got a buddy that swears by summo springs. Similar to airbags minus the air. I'm probably going to try a set.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumper pull or gooseneck?

Comment

Yes. Airbags work very well.
          I had a lance cabover camper on a dodge dually. The camper weighed around 4k.
          I generally was pulling my 24’ center console boat in tow. It would squat quite a bit. I could easily get stock ride height or more with airbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
            Both. Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
              Twenty foot bumper pull. Weighs 3,000 lb. empty. M6040 Kubota tractor, front wheel assist, and FEL.

Comment

Make sure you get onboard air. I have the air ride bags with onboard air and I love it. It’s not just filling them up but also lowering them while driving down the road which is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                  Make sure you get onboard air. I have the air ride bags with onboard air and I love it. It’s not just filling them up but also lowering them while driving down the road which is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Definitely a convenience, but not a necessity.

Comment

I had a set on my 2019 F350. They greatly improve the ride and handling when pulling loads. I had firestones w/o the onboard pump. I've been trying to find a set of the firestones with the compressor for my 2022 but they have been backordered.

Comment

I have Airlift 5000 Ultimate bags on my 2017 F350 along with the WirelessAir remote and onboard compressor.
                      I also have Torklift upper Stableloads.
                      I did this to haul my slide in truck camper. It is a great combination with no squat at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        I have a 2019 F250 that squats a little too much for my taste when I pull my tractor. Speaking of squat, I don’t know squat about airbags but I’m willing to learn. Will a set of bags level me up and put a little more weight on the steering axle ? If so, that’s what I’m looking to do. Educate me, any info will beat what I know.
                        Move the load back a little bit

Comment

I put manual on a 1/2 ton and assisted in doing a set on a 1 ton dodge. Absolutely worth it.

I didn't find manual that much of an issue. I towed the same stuff over and over so I knew what to put in them. Can easily add air with a bike tire pump.

Only thing I'd do differently is get 100lb bags. I paid extra for 200 and didn't need it. Ran 10 on travel trailer and 5 on boat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have manual airlift bags on my 3/4 ton. I pull alot more weight than I should. On board air is nice but not a requirement.

Comment

I have a manual lift 5000 on my Tundra 1/2 ton. I can load 35-40 bags of feed in my Tundra and it rides level. With our rocky and hilly roads it sure makes a difference… especially when you add on the 16’ tandem trailer with 2 - 325 gallon totes full of water. The manual air is fine for me … at the time I didn’t add the on board due to the added expense and all the other accessories I was adding new. Hasn’t been an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X