Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charleston, South Carolina

Charleston SC!
    Who’s been? What to do? Where to eat? Must see places? Adults, no kids this trip!

My Wife and I went with some friends in the summer of 2021 and had a good time. Went to Folley Beach and enjoyed that. Beautiful beaches. Took a Segway ( sp ) tour and that was neat to see some of the old houses as well as those that were rebuilt. Food was great. Ate at SNOB.....Slightly Northof Broad Restaurant. Food and atmosphere were great. Pricey but worth it. Oyster House Seafood....and Poogan’s Smokehouse. Those are the ones I remember. We would definitely go back.

Comment

https://churchandunioncharleston.com/ Cool place for a drink
      https://blindtigerchs.com/ Had good food and good place for a drink
      Was not impressed with Hymans Seafood
      Folly Beach was nice
      We stayed here because I had points and made it free … Francis Marion Hotel
      Wife wanted to see Rainbow Row down near Battery

Comment

Lived here 40 yrs, when are you coming? Be happy to point you in the right direction
        Last edited by trash2; 09-26-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Fort Sumter is neat. The battleship tour is cool. Take a full day for it so you don’t have to rush through.

For the beach, go to isle of palm. Way less people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Several nice links golf courses if you’re a golfer.

Comment

We stayed at Folly Beach and liked being away from the bustle of the city. Beach was nice and quiet.

I’ll second the Church and Union for lunch.

D’Allesandro’s Pizza was good.

We did a carriage ride that the girls liked.
              Last edited by IowaHunter; 09-27-2022, 03:38 AM.

Comment

We visited but we're in a rush. If I remember correctly we stayed in the Mount Pleasant area of Charleston. Ate at a place called Sullivan's seafood or something like that, may have been an off night but it wasn't great.

Comment

I've been once for work and then again last year for my birthday. We did a day trip to Folly beach and enjoyed it, ate breakfast at the Lost Dog Cafe, pretty good.

My girlfriend likes the nice restaurant scene and i just usually follow along. We ate at Felix and i had a really good burger there. For oysters we tried The Ordinary, The Darling Oyster Bar and 167 Sushi Bar, Darling was probably the best. We ate Fleet Landing, decent, good harbor view.

I enjoyed walking around the city, especially the historic district and looking at all the old houses. We also hit up a couple good breweries.

Comment

For eats check out Fleet Landing and if you are celebrating check out The Establishment.

Renting the bikes is a good way to explore too

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looking forward to our trip!

Comment

One of my favorite American cities. I really enjoyed the guided tour of historic Charleston, but I enjoy history more than most. Similarly I enjoyed the boat ride and tour of Ft. Sumter.

Second the recommendation for Isle of Palms.

Poogan’s porch is touristy, food was decent.
                        Poe’s Tavern on Sullivan’s Island was pretty good.

Comment

Awesome steakhouse but by far the best service you will ever get

Comment

My wife and I made a day trip to Charleston last year and wish we had more time there!

Fort Sumpter was amazing.
                            We also enjoyed going to the "Angel Oak Tree" outside of town.

Comment

Some more info as I think about it. My wife has a friend that moved there. We met her for dinner at Red’s Ice house(on her recommendation) which was pretty good. If you like golf, hit up wild dunes.

We got an air bnb at the historic downtown area and walked all over.

Callie’s hot little biscuit is one of those places that’s been on the food network. Pretty good, but there may be a line.

82 queen was pricey but very good.

It’s just a fun town. It’s our favorite place we’ve visited so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X