Teal Season 2022 !6 Day Roll Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornin Folks!

Day 5 & jumpin to see what the day brings! Headed to the prairie again.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Mornin Folks!

Day 5 & jumpin to see what the day brings! Headed to the prairie again.
      Its 730, you should be almost done

Comment

Nice work Amigo!

Comment

Thanks for swift shotgun transaction and nice to meet you. I got 5 near East Bernard this morning. They shut off like a switch at 7 and didn't see much after. Guys at Altair area property were out at 7 with 2-man limit.

Comment

Way to go David! Keep at em

Comment

Keep at it!!

Comment

Maybe our weather next week will push some blue wings down for you all. Still have some hanging around up here right now.

Comment

Another great day on the prairie, but did have several hiccups. Decided to put up a portable blind in the middle of flat thinking birds would work better. I took the 410 today. 1st mistake. I think it spooked them more. 2nd mistake not checking to make sure the shells worked in gun. Went from a 3 shot to single shot. Boss shells were hanging in chamber after firing. Could only get 1 shot IF the flock got in to 20 yrds or less. Had to let most flocks go ,because they wouldn't work in. Took till 9;45 before I got last one in range. 2 times the dang cows came into the flat. Had to run them off. I HATE cows. They came back a total of 3 times directly downwind about 100 yards. 2 times had flocks bank around only to swing wide of lousy cows. I HATE COWS!!! All in all I couldn't think of a place on earth I would rather have been other than the marsh.

The beginning of a new day!!!

Comment

Nice hunt David! Ultimate test, 410 single shot on teal. You passed! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                      Thanks for swift shotgun transaction and nice to meet you. I got 5 near East Bernard this morning. They shut off like a switch at 7 and didn't see much after. Guys at Altair area property were out at 7 with 2-man limit.
                      THANK You & glad you got into some!!

Comment

Congrats and nice hunts. I have not been this year yet but glad to see we got some birds . Keep it up. lets link up for a late season refuge hunt this year. I still got your info from last year.

Comment

Super hunt and great photos. Keep posting for us working stiffs.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Another great day on the prairie, but did have several hiccups. Decided to put up a portable blind in the middle of flat thinking birds would work better. I took the 410 today. 1st mistake. I think it spooked them more. 2nd mistake not checking to make sure the shells worked in gun. Went from a 3 shot to single shot. Boss shells were hanging in chamber after firing. Could only get 1 shot IF the flock got in to 20 yrds or less. Had to let most flocks go ,because they wouldn't work in. Took till 9;45 before I got last one in range. 2 times the dang cows came into the flat. Had to run them off. I HATE cows. They came back a total of 3 times directly downwind about 100 yards. 2 times had flocks bank around only to swing wide of lousy cows. I HATE COWS!!! All in all I couldn't think of a place on earth I would rather have been other than the marsh.

The beginning of a new day!!!

Having to work that many groups of teal to get in to 20 yards sounds like fun. I love teal hunting, but sometimes the limited out by 730 thing is a little unfulfilling.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                              Congrats and nice hunts. I have not been this year yet but glad to see we got some birds . Keep it up. lets link up for a late season refuge hunt this year. I still got your info from last year.
                              Anytime! Early late you name it!! Waiting for my boat from go devil. Coco said it would be ready before regular season.
                              Good Luck if you chase some teal!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                                X