No announcement yet.

Classic pinball machine refurbish/repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are making me want to spend money on something I want not need!! Thank you for the follow along.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      So cool. I love having a project like this to obsess over. Bringing something back to life is so rewarding.

This has truly become an obsession. I’m constantly researching history, mechanical info, spare parts, etc…..

I love projects like this. I plan on this being something my kiddos grow up with, so spending a few bucks to make it right is worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

Finished coin door prep, and got it painted. The coin slot plate will need some more work on a later date due to a porous surface that caused some odd bubbles. Everything else came out great!

Comment

I got 3 quarters that are ready to try it out!

Comment

This seems cool I’m in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                I got 3 quarters that are ready to try it out!

I got 6. You up for a match?

Comment

A short evening full of small detail stuff. Got new lock in for coin door. Fixed solder joints on coin door so I have coin slot lighting. Also have all general illumination working as it should. General illumination is pretty basic, but it’s nice to see some life. Also cleaned apron windows and added the original game rules and coin info back on machine.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                    I got 6. You up for a match?

I'm three quarters short (seriously, I'm a short feller ). I'll have to find three more quarters somewhere to match ya.

OP, it's looking great!!!

Comment

Classic pinball machine refurbish/repair

Thank you! Once the new CPU arrives and I can get the matrix lights (attracting/flashing) and working it will really be a sight.

Last edited by BOWtechnicianTX; 09-02-2022, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Been slow going! Getting to the point where the CPU is the missing link to major progress.

Cleaned remaining game field plastics and ordered all new backboard and playfield LEDs!

Comment

Thats awesome...I tried to order the cap just now but the number goes to a medical alert center. I hung up and they called me back.

Comment

Nice job! looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Thats awesome...I tried to order the cap just now but the number goes to a medical alert center. I hung up and they called me back.

That was the first thing I did when I brought the machine home haha. Always checking EBay to see if one pops up.

Comment

Did a little jerry rigging this afternoon. My current inner ramp is in poor shape to say the least. 30 years of getting repeatedly blasted with metal pinballs has taken its toll on the ramp entrance. I have tried to shop a new inner ramp since I got the machine with no luck. Only one company reproduces the piece and they have been out of stock for awhile. Plus you have to buy both ramps as a set most of the time.

So until I can find a new ramp, I needed to try to make my current ramp usable in the mean time.

There is such think as ramp protectors (made for fully intact ramps), so I just based my repair off of those.

I grabbed some sheet metal and got to cutting and bending. The end product came out better than expected. Also filled in an exposed portion with some epoxy. The clear tape is just the mold for the epoxy and will be removed. This fix will do the job for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X