Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-08-2022, 09:54 AM   #51
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked View Post
I’ve seen 30 hp units with full cabs a/c and heat.
FEL= Front End Loader
Duh........lol!!!
As small as 30 hp ..........cool. Reading this thread makes me feel I need to get closer to 50hp but that is dang good to know it is available.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2022, 12:41 PM   #52
Bucknaked
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
The only orange tractor Normangee sells is Kubota.
I do apologize! I didn’t want to look up Normangee for orange tractors
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2022, 06:05 PM   #53
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked View Post
I do apologize! I didn’t want to look up Normangee for orange tractors
I live close, so I knew.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2022, 08:09 AM   #54
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

One thing about tractors these days you can get multiple attachments and with the quick connect hitches makes it easy. But in my case with exception of the post hole digger hook up.
I am a Kubota fan but I know they are usually higher. One of my tractors is a 79’ model and it still does well after 3200 hrs plus. I bought a L3901 close to three years ago.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2022, 05:20 PM   #55
Landrover
Pope & Young

Well....yall got me going now°°°°

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2022, 07:19 PM   #56
kry226
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Well....yall got me going now°°°°

I'm looking at the MX6000 w/cab in the next year or two.
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2022, 07:22 PM   #57
Landrover
Pope & Young

Oh oh..........mahindra has a 7 year warranty!!!! And definitely not as pricey as orange and green!
Old 09-09-2022, 07:35 PM   #58
Bowtech38
Pope & Young

Quote:
Oh oh..........mahindra has a 7 year warranty!!!! And definitely not as pricey as orange and green!
Go and please test drive each color and see how you like the operation and feel of the tractor. I work at a kubota dealer in temple if you have any questions on kubotas.
Bowtech38 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2022, 09:29 PM   #59
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not as good either…
Old 09-09-2022, 10:15 PM   #60
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Default Who has the best 25-32 HP tractor package deal right now?

Kubota. Should be zero financing 80 months and a 34 horse with loader, shredder and blade for 24k. Full warranty. Ive had one on a 35 acre mostly pasture and 25 acre mostly woods property and they get everything done that doesn’t already require a skid steer.

Get the quick attach loader or live to regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ætheling; 09-09-2022 at 10:19 PM.
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2022, 10:29 AM   #61
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech38 View Post
Go and please test drive each color and see how you like the operation and feel of the tractor. I work at a kubota dealer in temple if you have any questions on kubotas.
I receive that! I probably wont know heads from tales but I will definitely test a few once I get this list widdled down.
Quote:
Not as good either…
You are probably correct but as little as I see myself using/needing a tractor I am not overly pressed. Any specific things you noticed as compared to GREEN or ORANGE?
Old 09-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #62
Kong
Eight Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma Texas

My 2 cents is buying any tractor under 50hp is a mistake and regretted more times than not. The market stays flooded with little small tractors from mistake purchases so I’d buy more then you think you need if your contemplating a little 25 horse machine.

On the brand it would be green or orange and that would simply depend on which dealer was closer. I’ve got a bunch of each and both are great machines with very few failures and I can always find the parts I need for a repair immediately.

I bought a Mahindra to try out and it lasted less then 6 months before it started falling apart so personally I’d stay away from the off brand stuff but if you only use one a few hours a month they may be fine but they sure won’t hold up to regular use. But keep in mind you get what you pay for, think about the resale value down the road and the parts availability issue.
Kong is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2022, 11:09 AM   #63
Landrover
Pope & Young

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
My 2 cents is buying any tractor under 50hp is a mistake and regretted more times than not. The market stays flooded with little small tractors from mistake purchases so I’d buy more then you think you need if your contemplating a little 25 horse machine.

On the brand it would be green or orange and that would simply depend on which dealer was closer. I’ve got a bunch of each and both are great machines with very few failures and I can always find the parts I need for a repair immediately.

I bought a Mahindra to try out and it lasted less then 6 months before it started falling apart so personally I’d stay away from the off brand stuff but if you only use one a few hours a month they may be fine but they sure won’t hold up to regular use. But keep in mind you get what you pay for, think about the resale value down the road and the parts availability issue.
In your experience what deaux you consider a FEW hours per month? Sounds like you are farming maybe?
Old 09-10-2022, 11:22 AM   #64
HogHunter34
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anderson County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

A lot depends on what type of work & use on HP size. I get what you are saying but why also pay more for what you really need? Use that cost difference on implements. I have a 25 HP JD & it performs fine for what I need on my 20 acre place. Mainly mow with a 5’ shredder & 5’ finish mower.
Occasional bucket use, disking, & landscape rake use. I also got a boom lift for occasional use
I added the pirhana tooth bar on my bucket & its pretty amazing what it will shear off on small saplings & underbrush. Does quite the job on clearing areas
I’ve sheared off up to 3-4” pine trees with it
I also like the fact it’s very compact in size & maneuvers better than a larger tractor when mowing in areas with scattered trees

Now if you need to lift round bales, mowing large pastures with larger shredders & pulling heavier use farm equipment then yes 50 HP plus is best
HogHunter34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2022, 12:26 AM   #65
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Quote:
You are probably correct but as little as I see myself using/needing a tractor I am not overly pressed. Any specific things you noticed as compared to GREEN or ORANGE?
To be honest, I have no idea… I am still using a 80 model international 68 hp.
I just have to go by folks that use them far more than I do. Nobody around here uses anything but kubota and John Deere, and they do it for a living.
Folks like you and me would probably be fine with something else.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:34 AM   #66
Huntingfool
Ten Point

Look around online for a slightly used one. I found a Kubota a few years ago for sale in Lubbock - was around 5-6 years old and had 35 hours on it - was sitting in a guys barn where he rarely used it. Dealer delivered it to me in Georgetown and it has been great ever since.
Huntingfool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2022, 08:27 AM   #67
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
To be honest, I have no idea… I am still using a 80 model international 68 hp.

I just have to go by folks that use them far more than I do. Nobody around here uses anything but kubota and John Deere, and they do it for a living.

Folks like you and me would probably be fine with something else.
Your final sentence is definitely my vibe. 10- hours per month is 120 hours per year......ain't gonna happen as I ain't that bored!!! 5 or 8 hours per month once I get settled in.

Old 09-11-2022, 08:34 AM   #68
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2022, 08:40 AM   #69
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogHunter34 View Post
A lot depends on what type of work & use on HP size. I get what you are saying but why also pay more for what you really need? Use that cost difference on implements. I have a 25 HP JD & it performs fine for what I need on my 20 acre place. Mainly mow with a 5’ shredder & 5’ finish mower.
Occasional bucket use, disking, & landscape rake use. I also got a boom lift for occasional use
I added the pirhana tooth bar on my bucket & its pretty amazing what it will shear off on small saplings & underbrush. Does quite the job on clearing areas
I’ve sheared off up to 3-4” pine trees with it
I also like the fact it’s very compact in size & maneuvers better than a larger tractor when mowing in areas with scattered trees

Now if you need to lift round bales, mowing large pastures with larger shredders & pulling heavier use farm equipment then yes 50 HP plus is best
Great post.

I've been perfectly happy with the 25 hp on our 2 acre place and wouldn't hesitate to run it on a larger place.

The 45 hp has been fine on the 200. All I would change on the big tractor would be access to a wider cutter now and then.

I'm contemplating a new cutter and can't decide to buy 8 feet and run the 5 footer on the small tractor or get a 4 footer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top