Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-14-2022, 09:26 AM   #401
ACbob
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sabinal & Victoria Cnty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
974 isn’t a Beast, but maybe a Cat 2 at most. A Beast is <930. Plus, even the GFS isn’t picking up on it even sniffing the gulf. With the recurring Northers coming in, I’m going to say we won’t see any tropical system sniff the coast of Texas in the next 4 weeks.
GFS has been pretty consistent with showing systems that never appear. Yesterdays run showed a weak storm off the lower coast a couple of weeks out. Now no hint of that. Praying you're right about nothing in the next month!
ACbob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #402
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACbob View Post
GFS has been pretty consistent with showing systems that never appear. Yesterdays run showed a weak storm off the lower coast a couple of weeks out. Now no hint of that. Praying you're right about nothing in the next month!
Yeah, the GFS is no where near accurate more than 5 days out. My point was “Even the gfs isn’t picking it up like it likes to do”. I like the Euro model most.
Sackett is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 10:39 AM   #403
gingib
Banned!!!

Hunt In: NTX

I hope we get one hitting the Tx coast, we need a tank filler bad
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #404
PondPopper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Hurricane season 2022: THE LEAST ACTIVE TROPICAL SEASON THAT I CAN REMEMBER IN MY LIFETIME LIVING ON THE TEXAS COAST..
So much for "FORECASTS"...
PondPopper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #405
PondPopper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Stupid.. Just stupid.. Yep.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:05 AM   #406
C-dubyah
Eight Point

So far it's showing North Carolina taking a hit and something else in the Pacific near Mexico/South California. Stay away from us!
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 12:26 PM   #407
ACbob
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sabinal & Victoria Cnty

Quote:
Pretty obvious you've never seen the impacts on people's lives from these storms. Hope you have a quiet tornado,flash flood, and hail season brother.
ACbob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 12:27 PM   #408
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
I hope your tanks stay empty!
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 01:28 PM   #409
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pronouns-He/Him

Quote:
I do not believe you are allowed to say that anymore on TBH. Its does not matter how beneficial the water will be to you or your livelihood. If it has the potential to harm someone else either physically or financially and you wish upon it, making it more likely to happen...then that is just wrong. This isn't the ol days of your father or grandfather...your personal thoughts can lead to severe consequences for others.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 01:30 PM   #410
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Hurricane season 2022: THE LEAST ACTIVE TROPICAL SEASON THAT I CAN REMEMBER IN MY LIFETIME LIVING ON THE TEXAS COAST..
So much for "FORECASTS"...
youre hired!!
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #411
TexasBob
Pope & Young

TD7 well ahead of schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 01:40 PM   #412
Firecuss
Ten Point

Hunt In: With you if you ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I do not believe you are allowed to say that anymore on TBH. Its does not matter how beneficial the water will be to you or your livelihood. If it has the potential to harm someone else either physically or financially and you wish upon it, making it more likely to happen...then that is just wrong. This isn't the ol days of your father or grandfather...your personal thoughts can lead to severe consequences for others.
I hope this is not a serious statement.
What happened to free speech?
Firecuss is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 01:41 PM   #413
Uncle_Milty
Ten Point

Hunt In: Orange, Newton, Sabine, CO

Quote:
Move on over my way and go through what we have for the last 10+ years and I can promise you that you won't wish that upon anyone ever again
Uncle_Milty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 01:44 PM   #414
bigblock78
Six Point

Hunt In: DeWitt & Wilson

could use a tropical depression around corpus so we could get some a little east of san antonio.
bigblock78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 01:51 PM   #415
El General
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecuss View Post
I hope this is not a serious statement.
What happened to free speech?
Free speech protects you from the government, not TBHer's on the coast.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #416
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!

Majority of Texas is experiencing the worst drought since 2011, perhaps worse than that depending on year end rainfall totals.

I am 67 & lived on the TX coast 3 different times and road out 4 different hurricanes. I was raised in West Texas & live there now. I understand both sides.

We desperately need rain. Please LORD send us rain and not endanger others. Amen
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #417
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

you guys can say whatever you want. Having lived through several disastrous hurricanes, I personally think it's a crap thing to wish for hurricanes so your tank gets filled or the vegetation is greener on your deer lease. It's always kinda funny how defensive people get when people call them on those types of statements.

Something tells me the folks rooting for hurricanes might have something to say if folks got on here rooting for the droughts in west texas to continue for whatever selfish reason, but hey, maybe not.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 02:29 PM   #418
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackelford Co,

Those rooting for hurricanes are trolling/stirring the pot because they (he) knows what the response will be. Don't take the bait. Besides it's not like hoping for a hurricane (or hoping for no hurricane) makes any difference as to whether there will be one.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 02:55 PM   #419
C-dubyah
Eight Point

Quote:
This isn't the ol days of your father or grandfather...your personal thoughts can lead to severe consequences for others.
I agreed with your overall statement, I think, but this last sentence about personal thoughts can lead to anything has me befuddled.
Old 09-14-2022, 03:37 PM   #420
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where invited

We have been blessed with a good bit of rain at our place this year. Many just a couple miles inland haven't been as fortunate. With that said, I hope and pray this season is a VERY quiet one!

Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 03:57 PM   #421
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-dubyah View Post
I agreed with your overall statement, I think, but this last sentence about personal thoughts can lead to anything has me befuddled.
It was all mockery and I hope you didn't actually agree or the last statement will be where we end up. Anyways I know better to go off on a rant. Sorry to derail guys. Tropical Tidbits hasn't mentioned anything on the horizon. I could use a small thunderstorm or two at the present moment.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:03 PM   #422
PondPopper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
youre hired!!
Well I couldn't do any worse at predicting AND I didn't even waste my parents money on a 4 year degree on the subject!!!!
Old 09-14-2022, 05:31 PM   #423
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Dreams

Looking like a turn to the east is coming...
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2022, 05:40 PM   #424
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
Models are all over the place for sure. I’m ready for a few fronts to break the coast and drop the odds for Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw the Canadian model currently has it hitting the upper Texas coast and the European model has it being a fish storm in the north Atlantic.

How can you claim that from near Northern Europe to the Texas coast are “all over the place”?
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 02:43 PM   #425
C-dubyah
Eight Point

I get so sad during hurricane season, you could say that I have a tropical depression.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:46 PM   #426
bullets13
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-dubyah View Post
I get so sad during hurricane season, you could say that I have a tropical depression.
I hope you don't spin out of control.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:55 PM   #427
gingib
Banned!!!

Quote:
Go woke go broke!

I choose to try to make it still the old days of our ancestors. This world is screwed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
I hope your tanks stay empty!
Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACbob View Post
Pretty obvious you've never seen the impacts on people's lives from these storms. Hope you have a quiet tornado,flash flood, and hail season brother.
It is why I have insurance and don't live on the coast. You have a choice where you live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Milty View Post
Move on over my way and go through what we have for the last 10+ years and I can promise you that you won't wish that upon anyone ever again
I won't choose to live there. All actions good and bad have consequences....also good or bad
Old 09-15-2022, 03:00 PM   #428
gingib
Banned!!!

I grew up and lived near the coast. When I became an adult on my own, I moved outta dodge and to the country where I can shoot deer/pigs off the back porch or outta the pool

We need some rain and like many people around here, we would like a hurricane to get outta the drought.

Sorry this offended some
Old 09-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #429
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
I grew up and lived near the coast. When I became an adult on my own, I moved outta dodge and to the country where I can shoot deer/pigs off the back porch or outta the pool

We need some rain and like many people around here, we would like a hurricane to get outta the drought.

Sorry this offended some
Hells yeah brother!
Old 09-15-2022, 04:30 PM   #430
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden, Utopia & Matagorda Co.

Quote:

Sorry this offended some
A hurricane that does damage to thousands of people on the coast isn't worth you getting out of a drought....tough. I live in Houston and wouldn't trade a major hurricane in between Houston and Lake Charles for buckets of rain on my parents ranch in Tilden, and they wouldn't either! We had a major drought going on in Tilden but guess what, it started raining and everything is green again. Your time will come, hopefully not at the hands of a major hurricane. Maybe you should have moved to an area that gets good annual rainfall.
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 04:43 PM   #431
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
A hurricane that does damage to thousands of people on the coast isn't worth you getting out of a drought....tough. I live in Houston and wouldn't trade a major hurricane in between Houston and Lake Charles for buckets of rain on my parents ranch in Tilden, and they wouldn't either! We had a major drought going on in Tilden but guess what, it started raining and everything is green again. Your time will come, hopefully not at the hands of a major hurricane. Maybe you should have moved to an area that gets good annual rainfall.
We need "mic drop" emoji for stuff like this.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 04:45 PM   #432
Kenner97
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atascosa, Wilson, Karnes County

Well said TildenHunter!!!!
Kenner97 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 04:58 PM   #433
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

If it’s the good Lords will to have A hurricane it Texas , he can send smack dab in between Baffin Bay and Port Mansfield. Just don’t make it a strong one
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 06:00 PM   #434
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bell County, Limpopo South Africa

We need some more rain, but honesty, I wish my pond would dry up so i could possible fix the leak in it with several loads of clay. Other than that if it rains and does not go dry, I will figure something out. No bad storms for anyone, but serious rain if needed.
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 06:25 PM   #435
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

I personally do not see this as a legit threat yet, and still think this is an East coast storm . And the later toward the end of summer we get the less our chances of a Texas landfall

I will take these slow moving decent front that drop steady gentle rain over a tropical system all day everyday
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 07:22 PM   #436
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
We need some more rain, but honesty, I wish my pond would dry up so i could possible fix the leak in it with several loads of clay. Other than that if it rains and does not go dry, I will figure something out. No bad storms for anyone, but serious rain if needed.
Get you several bags of bentonite and dump it in the water. It will usually sink down and find where the leak is if there's one and seal it up.

Some people take general statements about weather way to **** personal.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 09:39 PM   #437
rtjh
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
There's a lot of butt hurt going on here. For the record I had 5' of water in my house from Harvey, I also don't care what somebody wishes would happen regarding the weather on the internet.
rtjh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 10:21 PM   #438
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Florence, Doss, Fredericksburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
Since you are offering suggestions on moving, maybe you should move away.from the coast. Maybe you should move away from a place that has annual hurricanes? I mean, just saying. Why does he have to move but you don't? Should he move to the coast so he can get good rainfall from a tropical depression or hurricane? Or better yet, why don't you tell him where to buy a house. What about all the people in fire danger because of the drought? Are you wishing them to stay in danger because you don't want a hurricane? See, it works both ways pal. You want them to stay in a drought and fire danger, so you don't have to experience a hurricane. Devastation goes both ways.

My dad is a farmer/rancher. We are in a drought in Cemtral Texas. Do we need rain? YES. Do hurricanes bring rain to us? YES. Do I have ill wishes on those who might be in the path of a hurricane? HELL NO. Do my wishes actually have any bearing on the weather? ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NOT. Do I want our cattle and hay to survive? YES. Does that mean I want destruction for you? NOPE.

And I am dropping the mic!

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 09-15-2022 at 10:26 PM.
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 10:35 PM   #439
CaptainDave
Ten Point

It seems like every year, Central TX folks are begging for rain at certain points and ask for tropical weather, while the folks on the coast, obvioulsy don't want that.

I've lived on the Coast my whole life. Bottom line, the Coastal plains region of the State receives upwards to 40 inches of rain per year. Much of that is not from the tropics, just showers off the gulf. Go inland a couple hundred miles and the annual rain fall totals decrease significantly. Heck, Central TX would have all types of flooding with that type of rain fall.

I'd be interested to know what the average annual rain fall received in central TX is actually attributed to tropical weather; i.e. hurricans, tropical storms and depressions. Does anyone know this answer? My assumption is the current drought situation is not necessarily due to the lack of coastal tropical weather.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 10:53 PM   #440
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Guys, there’s bigger fish. Why the hail are y’all having a pizzing match over someone wanting or not wanting any amount of rain or someone’s decision to live where they live. You’re bitching about something completely out of our hands and wasting a lot of breath/keystrokes. Let’s relax, take a breath and keep this thread about keeping our attention to the tropics.
Sackett is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2022, 10:56 PM   #441
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!
Default Amen

Quote:
Guys, there’s bigger fish. Why the hail are y’all having a pizzing match over someone wanting or not wanting any amount of rain or someone’s decision to live where they live. You’re bitching about something completely out of our hands and wasting a lot of breath/keystrokes. Let’s relax, take a breath and keep this thread about keeping our attention to the tropics.
I agree
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2022, 07:27 AM   #442
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: HF4L

Quote:

Sorry this offended some
If a wildfire would burn y'all out, you could move to the saturated coast.

I can't take much more moisture
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2022, 07:28 AM   #443
bullets13
Ten Point

Quote:

Sorry this offended some
I live near the coast AND can shoot deer/pigs from the back porch or outta the pool. I’d prefer you to stay in drought over my community flooding again, but wish you the best in getting some non-tropical rain. Looks like you traded one weather problem for another.
Old 09-16-2022, 07:32 AM   #444
bullets13
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
If a wildfire would burn y'all out, you could move to the saturated coast.

I can't take much more moisture
Kinda my thinking. The whole “you guys are dumb for living in the hurricane zone, and also my crops aren’t growing where I chose to live because we don’t get enough rain” statements are kinda ironic.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:12 AM   #445
Rwc
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well said.

Rwc
Rwc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2022, 08:20 AM   #446
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx
Talking

Quote:
Well said Mr Sackett! People just have to biatch about something I guess.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2022, 08:23 AM   #447
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Dreams

The guessers this morning are saying it's going east.
GOM is clear...
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2022, 08:35 AM   #448
PondPopper
Pope & Young

It's over... Close thread.. This high pressure put a dampener on what's left.. Thank you LORD.. Now pray for wet cold fronts and a wet winter. We can all benefit from that without billions in destruction!!!!
I can't remember a time the gulf was so quiet the entire season!!
Old 09-16-2022, 08:49 AM   #449
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Get you several bags of bentonite and dump it in the water. It will usually sink down and find where the leak is if there's one and seal it up.

It's a pretty common problem in our society these days. All gotta be offended about something.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2022, 08:50 AM   #450
Man
Pope & Young

Google machine says Texas has only been hit by 2 hurricanes in October since 1900