Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids 5x6 “Killin Cabin”... (my attempt at a more budget friendly blind)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle,
    I bet your hired professional will remember that for the rest of her life. My girls remember us building stands and fixing feeders. Great job...GREAT MEMORY to share with her!

Comment

Awesome! On the rubber compound how much strength does it add? If someone wanted to use foam insulation board and Coat with that stuff would it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking blind sir

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
          Awesome! On the rubber compound how much strength does it add? If someone wanted to use foam insulation board and Coat with that stuff would it work?

It would waterproof it. I think the weak link would be the attachment points in the foam. You could probably easily kick the panels off from inside.

If you painted a beer box with 2 coats, I bet you couldn’t rip it by hand

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            It would waterproof it. I think the weak link would be the attachment points in the foam. You could probably easily kick the panels off from inside.

If you painted a beer box with 2 coats, I bet you couldn’t rip it by hand
            Sounds perfect for us!

Blind will last a long long time, I'm sure.

Comment

That looks great! well done

Comment

The best thing is having the kids involved. Awesome and future hunters.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

"Lighter and Cheaper"....

Taking notes...

Looks good, man! 4wheeler should drag that along easy.

Comment

Windows came in today! I’ve about talked myself into my installing on site, so I don’t knock one ... or more out getting this thang in position

Comment

I know you know what you're doing.....but...

The way those skids angle outward, I can't help but think that tubing going down from the platform to the actual skid should be braced/gusseted. Dragging that thing along uneven terrain is gonna want to pull those skids outward, and all that force is going straight into those joints/welds....especially the front 2.
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 05-14-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I know you know what you're doing.....but...

The way those skids angle outward, I can't help but think that tubing going down from the platform to the actual skid should be braced/gusseted. Dragging that thing along uneven terrain is gonna want to pull those skids outward, and all that force is going straight into those joints/welds....especially the front 2.
                          Maybe. Legs are only 20” and blind should be just shy of 700#ill test it first. If it breaks I can fix it. It fill never be more than 10 miles from me

Comment

The “plan” is to “x” wire this brace where it’s layed. Then pull from it with short chain. That “should/hope” keep legs from spreading and give me a slight upward pull to keep from digging as bad. Same pipe I slide on forks to move it with now.

But agreed. Hooking direct to leg would probably fail on first root I jump over
                            Attached Files

Comment

Red Guard...I have been thinking....hmmmm what can i use this on. Great idea.

Comment

[emoji1360]

Comment

Working...
                                X