No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder you only have tell Thursday to apply in Idaho. For those that are wanting to. Looking to be another great year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
      First Choice Unit 56 Mid September. So pumped.
      Colorado?
      Post #2291 with a picture of a bunch of elk was taken in 56 last weekend.
      I've hunted it a couple years.

Comment

New Zamberlan's bought this afternoon, time to hit the trails with the pack! Its 96 degrees and all I can think about is the quakies.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
          New Zamberlan's bought this afternoon, time to hit the trails with the pack! Its 96 degrees and all I can think about is the quakies.
          Camped in the quakies last weekend, had to have long sleeves on it was so nice!
          Went to an elk calling seminar tonight by Weston Clark. If you haven't heard of Duel Game calls then check them out. I was really impressed with the tones and especially the volume these calls put out.
          Will come in handy on those windy days or when really trying to reach out and call.

Comment

I drew unit 61 cow elk muzzy,thinking about south end around hanks creek, anybody have info on 61.thanks. Chillymac

Comment

The antlers are growing.
              The storms are still coming through, had some hail and saw some snow up high this weekend. Saw this twister near Hartsel Sunday.
              Lake Jefferson was still about half covered in ice Saturday morning.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Awesome, wish I were there.

Comment

Anybody know when the tags from Colorado will come in the mail?

Comment

I want to say the end of this month or beginning of next.

Comment

My hunting buddy lives in Colorado Springs too. He is constantly texting me pictures just like the ones just posted.

--sigh--

Hunting season cannot come soon enough.

Comment

Got my elk refund last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                              My hunting buddy lives in Colorado Springs too. He is constantly texting me pictures just like the ones just posted.

--sigh--

Hunting season cannot come soon enough.
                              Yes it can! I've got a lot of camping, trout fishing, and scouting to do before then!

Comment

This thread has been kind of quiet lately.....
                                Questions:
                                1. So, who is training for elk season? What are you doing?

2. Who had been practicing their calling? Or trying to learn more about it?

3. Who had been researching through google earth our maps?

4. Any new gear purchases?

Answers for me.
                                1. Been adding more cardio and leg specific training, targeting heart rate around 145.
                                2. Been practicing a lot lately. Have attended two seminars on calling in the last two weeks. Recommend checking out Duel game calls bugle and will again recommend the elk module at Roe Hunting Resources, just $24.95 but more information on there than anywhere else that I've found.
                                3. Lots of google earth and maps got me, also recommend if going to a new area that you check out a map from Startmyhunt.com.
                                4. No new gear for me, but I noticed Kifaru is having a good fathers day sale if you need a pack. Almost $100 off on some packs.

Comment

Working...
                                X