No announcement yet.

Building a octagon vs a hexagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it is elevated. How high is the elevation? If more than a few feet, how do you adjust the window height for the shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      So it is elevated. How high is the elevation? If more than a few feet, how do you adjust the window height for the shots?
      My thought was elevating it 4’. That would get me off the ground but, not so high I’m really changing my shots. I’d like to have 3 vertical windows and 4 horizontal windows with the door on the back.

Comment

I'm building another right now. I guess it's technically octagon. But will have four 4' sides and four 16" sides.

I'm using an old 4x4 box stand frame and extending it a foot every direction. Front height will be 6' and the rear is 5'10". Using the old legs to raise it 5 foot off the ground and will be on skids. Looking like 3 windows possibly 4 as it will back up to a thicket and over look a small food plot.

All steel and I'm in at 300 bucks right now. Need still need a floor and to skin it. Plan is to call around and have hilco or metal mart price flat tin in roll.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I'm using an old 4x4 box stand frame and extending it a foot every direction. Front height will be 6' and the rear is 5'10". Using the old legs to raise it 5 foot off the ground and will be on skids. Looking like 3 windows possibly 4 as it will back up to a thicket and over look a small food plot.

I have a similar platform. I have a 10’ish 4’x4’ platform that’s made of drill pipe that I was looking to expand to put a blind on. Figured I’d weld pipe for the extension width.

Comment

I used 1x1 tube for the extensions and corners. Angle to save money and weight for the rest

I have also salvaged quite a bit of material from the old stand

Comment

Working...
            X