I’ll be glad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be glad

When all the acorns are gone. Went & sat this morning & got skunked. Seen one squirrel, that’s it. The hand corn i through last Friday was still in the ground. Had 6 pictures on the camera & that’s it. Before acorns this spot usually runs around 200-250 pictures in week.

It sure was nice to sit in a tree in weather that felt like deer hunting weather even if I didn’t see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve spent 9 days in a tree this season and seen 2 deer… (not counting taking kids with guns)

With 9 cameras, 4 on different Bait pens I’ll get maybe 6-8 pics a week. Trails and scrapes about the same. September- first part of October 200 a piece per week. I don’t even hunt feeders and I can’t find em….

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      I’ve spent 9 days in a tree this season and seen 2 deer… (not counting taking kids with guns)

With 9 cameras, 4 on different Bait pens I’ll get maybe 6-8 pics a week. Trails and scrapes about the same. September- first part of October 200 a piece per week. I don’t even hunt feeders and I can’t find em….

The pictures I do have they just walk by the hand corn. I did picture of this new guy. I may hunt this evening to see what happens.

Comment

He’s the only buck I’ve had on camera in about 3 weeks.

Comment

Ditto. Saw two bucks a hunnerd yards behind me eatin acorns. Only thing at feeder was birds, squirrel and crows!

Comment

My biggest problem is all I have are bucks.

Hunted a completely new spot till noon today. It had most fresh sign and the biggest white oak I’ve seen in wood county. Raining acorns….. I seen a cardinal and another tweety bird. No squirrel, coon, possum , hog, rabbit, pocket gopher, field mouse. I ain’t seen +*%_%

Warming up and getting a cup of coffee and headed to another property. It had bucks this morning on camera. Maybe “Big Jim” will cruise that ridge this afternoon/evening
            Last edited by Low Fence; 11-12-2022, 12:49 PM.

Comment

We’e seen almost zero feeder activity on our small place since the first rifle shots were heard opening weekend. No deer on the trails either that cameras have picked up. Happens every year. There is a sanctuary of sorts across our fence where I think all the deer in the neighborhood go when hunter activity ramps up. Its about 75 acres of thick totally unimproved land with an out-of-state owner.(he won’t lease it) I’ll bet no human has set foot on it in close to 10 years. We have to just hope once the chasing starts something will hop over to our side.

Comment

Same results as yall. Corn growing under the feeder I was at this morning. Moved to the middle of the woods amongst some oaks for the afternoon

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are in Robertson county and having the same issue. Acorns EVERYWHERE and corn piled up under the feeders. We are still seeing deer, but not nearly as many. Key for us has been hunting the more wide open stands where we can see them moving through. I shot a doe last night. My dad shot a doe this morning. Good size 7pt has been seen twice. No deer have stopped at the feeders, just moving through and working the tree lines eating acorns as they cross.

Comment

I just heard a crow!!! I didn’t see it, but it was for certain a crow. First sign of any life since that cardinal at 8:30am

Comment

Same!

Comment

Doe and nubbin just walked with 1/8” of me… nubbin actually ate some bark off my tree I’m in

Comment

I’ve got one spot in the back of my property that they hit the hand corn at night but only that one spot. The other spots I haven’t threw corn in about 3 weeks & there’s still corn on the ground. The corner stand I still throw corn there every 3 days. But it’s just 3-5 does hit it at night around 1am then again around 5:30-6.

Comment

Seen 2 doe and a nubbin this evening. That makes 5 since season started! They milled around for last 45 minutes of daylight eating a few acorns and every green leaf knee high they came across… and some tree bark. Left me and headed towards feed pen…. Curved and never got within 20 yards if it. I never bumped them on way out, so I don’t know where they went. Never walked past 2 cameras

Comment

Acorns and winter browse are popping.

Give It two weeks…

Comment

Working...
                              X