No announcement yet.

Don’t throw out the pumpkins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in Tomball I see people throw out pumpkins around the wooded lots and they seem to stay there a long time. I am going to try it where I hunt and see if the deer up there like them.

Comment

Few times I put some out they just rotted

Comment

We’ll hail. Everything I read said “deer love em”.. reminds me of the time I put a bale of alfalfa out in Robertson county. It rotted. Absolutely nothing touched it. When I put alfalfa out in Mountain Home it was gone within a day. Crazy

Comment

Our deer won’t go near them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They don’t touch them on our lease either. They just rotted in the pens.

Comment

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                We’ll hail. Everything I read said “deer love em”.. reminds me of the time I put a bale of alfalfa out in Robertson county. It rotted. Absolutely nothing touched it. When I put alfalfa out in Mountain Home it was gone within a day. Crazy
                Many years ago I came across a crate of apples being thrown out at a grocery store. I had read in a hunting magazine that deer love them and that hunting around apple trees on an abandoned farm was a sure thing. The deer on my lease had never seen an apple before and weren't interested. Coons got most of them, the rest rotted.

Comment

Mine won’t eat: pumpkin, cotton seed or apples. Very little use on sweet potato. But my neighbor swears her deer eat 50# of “taters” a season …. Squirrels eat a majority if mine

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                    The deer eat the pumpkins off our porch every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    So do you Hunt in your pajamas if they get that close lol ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcanady View Post
                      the city deer seem to like the pumpkins more than country deer. i have tried to put a bunch of pumpkins out at my feeder and no luck. i did not even get the hogs to eat them.
                      X2. I just has rotten pumpkins, but my deer wouldn’t even eat apples, had to throw them out of the feed pen for the hogs.

Comment

Interesting as this article was on one of our local news services today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My pigs won’t eat em.

Comment

I feel sure it’s a learned food for them, as any unusual food would be. Back in the day, late 70s, the deer wouldn’t even eat corn on our place. Turkey would right away, but it took the deer a good two or three years to start coming to corn.

Comment

I put them in a pasture with goats and they didn't touch em.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
                                I put them in a pasture with goats and they didn't touch em.
                                If a goat won’t eat it….. that solidified my stance on pumpkin spice anything!

Comment

Working...
                                X