LIVE: Gus Engeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVE: Gus Engeling

Prep for this hunt started a month ago when drawn. Not knowing where you can hunt is right down my alley. I don't bait and shoot, I scout and for real hunt...anyways

Step 1: find a compartment map
    Step 2: transfer each compartment boundary to OnX
    Step 3: research arials to find 10 spots in each compartment that catch my eye
    Step 3: connect with anyone on the board who has hunted in the past to gain as much knowledge as possible

I enjoy going into places most people wouldn't venture into, thick, high, wet, etc. You know, places where bucks love to be, especially old boys. My problem is, I can alsways find bucks, but have yet to capitalize on an old one. Maybe I'm still to young and gung-ho. It's still fun to find and see, even if I don't shoot.

Actually, the most fun is helping others locate and capitalize. Myself and another TBHer are here, Kyle, and rented a house together. Hopefully we can get in the same compartment to tag team.

I arrived last night at 11pm, in from Austin. Slept in the truck and moved to campground at 7am. A quick drive into Tennessee Colony for a burrito and orange juice. Now just hanging out back at campground prepping gear. Orientation is at 12. Stay tuned.
    Attached Files

I spy a TBH shirt at the campground...

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck!

I’m hanging in a tree just down the road at the Neches River NWR for my week long draw hunt.

A lot of sign has opened up in the past week with the cool front that came in. Hopefully they will still be moving despite the 85 degree weather and 20mph and ones that they are calling for this weekend.

Comment

I love that place! I killed my first archery deer (doe) there. Good luck!

Comment

As someone who did not get drawn for this hunt, I will follow with a slight bit of anger and much jealousy.

Comment

Best of luck !! Yall are right down the road from the house, yall timed it perfectly for deer movement and the rut. Have seen bucks pushing does the last couple days. Find the thick ***** and the acorns and you should be in luck.

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Good luck bud!

Comment

Good luck to you guys!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! Some good genetics in there.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Hunted there for many years before it became a Draw Hunt. Always enjoyed the number of deer that I would see as well as some HUGE Hogs

Comment

Good luck sir

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                              Best of luck !! Yall are right down the road from the house, yall timed it perfectly for deer movement and the rut. Have seen bucks pushing does the last couple days. Find the thick ***** and the acorns and you should be in luck.
                              Seems quite a bit early for the rut...maybe pre-rut

Comment

Working...
                              X