Live in Push county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live in Push county

Dad and I are settled in, waiting for the sun to come up and we are debating what time is the best time to get to the blind for a morning hunt.

So I am curious, what time do y’all get in the stand on morning hunts?

Going after a buck we named Osama Bin Hidden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to be in the stand 30 minutes before shooting light. However I have had 100% success on hunts where I am late and climbing up right at legal light.

Maybe I should run late more often.

Comment

Good luck! I’m in the 30-45 min before light typically.

I did shoot the biggest deer I’ve killed getting to the stand right at first light and shot him 5 min after legal shooting time

Comment

Small buck and 2 does so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

I like to get in the stand 30-45min before legal shooting time.
            Gives me time to settle and lets anything I bumped have time to settle too

Comment

In for this

Comment

This morning I was n 45 minutes before. I think a lot of it depends on where you are hunting. If you r hunting where deer are staging up before they come in or are you hunting just trails.

Comment

30-45 min before shooting light normally, in October I'm normally still more amped up being the beginning of the season and sometimes get in an hour early

Comment

Love the bucks name LOL hope yall get a shot on him

Comment

No issues with bears and that stand and fill feeder? I looked at a place in Push county a few years ago and all the feeders were winch up due to the bears.

good luck

Comment

Best of luck to you this morning! I hope you are able to put him down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                            No issues with bears and that stand and fill feeder? I looked at a place in Push county a few years ago and all the feeders were winch up due to the bears.

good luck
                            We are down in a valley and all our neighbors (who have been here for decades) say they have never seen a bear. Was glad to hear that for sure.

Just 5 does and a young buck this morning, tonight will be my 4 year old daughters first time in the stand with me so we will see how long we make it.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                              Just 5 does and a young buck this morning, tonight will be my 4 year old daughters first time in the stand with me so we will see how long we make it.
                              That's the perfect age to get them started....take lots of pics and hold on to those memories!

Comment

Working...
                              X