Bear grizzly recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear grizzly recurve

Thinking about buying one.was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

I’ve owned a couple and I’ve got friends who own and shoot Grizzlies. They’re considered the Remington 870 of trad bow world. It’s a tried and true design that won’t break the bank. They’re the only bow in Bears lineup that isn’t rated for high performance FF type strings.

Comment

Thanks yeah not wanting to break the bank and it seems like a good deal

Comment

They are a good solid platform. Not the fanciest or fastest but if it hasn't been damaged or dry fired, it should serve you for a long time, even if it is fifty or sixty years old. Check for any cracks going across the limbs and for any glue lines that might be opening up. If you see that, it is better to pass and keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
          They are a good solid platform. Not the fanciest or fastest but if it hasn't been damaged or dry fired, it should serve you for a long time, even if it is fifty or sixty years old. Check for any cracks going across the limbs and for any glue lines that might be opening up. If you see that, it is better to pass and keep looking.
          Agreed.

Comment

Going to be buying new this weekend not a used bow.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBowtech View Post
              Going to be buying new this weekend not a used bow.

Lots of good deals out there on used grizzlies if you don’t wanna buy new. I’d personally spend the extra coin and get the super Grizzly, little more money but is FF rated and has a few extras, reinforced tips, 2 maple laminations vs 1 lamination and so on.

Comment

I cant find a good used recurve. Seen a bob lee on the classifieds but it sold.

Comment

If you can’t find something in the classifieds, check out rms gear. They have a great website and probably the largest selection of used recurves and longbows anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I will thanks

Comment

I have a Tall Tines I'll let go. Pm me if interested.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I have a Brandon Stahl Wildcat that is gathering dust. Built by one of the best bowyers ever.

Comment

I have this one in the classified. If you are strong it might work for you.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good idea buying a new one, I made the mistake and bought a used one a long time ago. I didn't have it a year and it developed a crack near the shelf. It just sits on my bow rack collecting dust. I might one day rip it up and make a knife handle out of it.

Buying a new one will not break the bank and a good bow to see how you progress with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X