Game wardens may need warrant now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
    Offered our new GW a bottle of water when he came by to introduce himself. Before i knew it, he was counting last years frozen quail/dove in the freezer. Won't be invited back.
    Was the idea supposed to be that if you bribe him with a $.99 bottle of water he wouldn't do his job making sure that you're following game laws? Hard to imagine that a game warden going to hunting camps isn't going to check and make sure folks are following the rules.
    Last edited by bullets13; 10-17-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmack82 View Post
      They have always needed a warrant unless there is probable cause. Anyone that thinks any form of government at all should be able to search your home at any time should really think about what that means. The government is supposed to work for us and yet some of you are wanting to give them more power. Come on.
      No. They still need a warrant. And for that, they need PC.

Offered our new GW a bottle of water when he came by to introduce himself. Before i knew it, he was counting last years frozen quail/dove in the freezer. Won't be invited back.
      Did you allow him into the freezer or did he open it himself?

Comment

Waiting for the "If you done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about" line.

Comment

You won’t Have to Invite him/ her back ! Did you receive any fines

Comment

PC is often just a rifle or fishing rod. If they see blood at the cleaning rack that's PC as well.

Comment

GW in Llano County several years ago had no issue climbing over a pad-locked gate and then making lease partners wake me up and get out of bed, late into the night, to check my hunting license. BS

GW in Collingsworth County, also had no problem climbing over a pad-locked gate, walking to camp in the dark while we were all sitting around campfire.

Only two encounters with the GW in recent years.

Locked gates mean nothing. Nothing to hide from GW; however, the Constitution should mean something.

LE still has rules they should be required to follow - espcially if they want to spy on me on my property or trespass on my property.

Comment

Coming onto the property to check for hunting license etc..ok. Leaving live photo surveillance equipment across someone's private property NOT OK. Especially if its looking at someone residence, or anywhere where a wife or kids play and do things. These 2 warden pushed to hard and cost the Tennessee Fish and Game a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post

Locked gates mean nothing. Nothing to hide from GW; however, the Constitution should mean something.

LE still has rules they should be required to follow - espcially if they want to spy on me on my property or trespass on my property.
                  They have to be able to access private land to enforce game laws. It's kind of a catch-22 when the state's animals are on your private property. It's annoying that they climbed over a locked gate to inconvenience you. It would be way more annoying if the neighbors on both sides of you poached dozens of deer each, all year round, and the game warden never did anything about it because he couldn't get onto the property to check for probable cause because their gate was locked. You might feel differently about it then.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                    GW in Llano County several years ago had no issue climbing over a pad-locked gate and then making lease partners wake me up and get out of bed, late into the night, to check my hunting license. BS

GW in Collingsworth County, also had no problem climbing over a pad-locked gate, walking to camp in the dark while we were all sitting around campfire.

Only two encounters with the GW in recent years.

Those are good ways of getting shot regardless of who you are

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                      They have to be able to access private land to enforce game laws. It's kind of a catch-22 when the state's animals are on your private property. It's annoying that they climbed over a locked gate to inconvenience you. It would be way more annoying if the neighbors on both sides of you poached dozens of deer each, all year round, and the game warden never did anything about it because he couldn't get onto the property to check for probable cause because their gate was locked. You might feel differently about it then.
                      Only then will they feel differently!

Comment

We have had similar experiences in past years.

Invited a game warden inside to visit and before we know it he's looking in all the cooler, and waking people up out of bed to check hunting licenses.

Comment

Good for him, I hope the agents that hung the camera get fired. Game Wardens being able to come and go as they please on private property has always bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            Na I'm sure if the neighbors are suspected of poaching dozens of deer it would be pretty easy for a GW to get a search warrant for the property.

Comment

If they have PC then they can get a warrant. I certainly don't want armed people climbing over gates (and damaging them) or fences just to poke around.

Comment

You guys that don’t want a game warden on your property must be a bunch of sorry law breakers. What are y’all hiding? We’ve had numerous wardens killed across this country for ridiculous reasons. They put their lives on the line every time they walk into a deer camp. Enough said.

Comment

Working...
                                X