Mounting brackets to R panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting brackets to R panel?

Can I mount these antenna mast brackets directly to the side of my metal building with self tapping screws?
    I doubt I'll be able to hit purlins with all the screws.
    The weight all up shouldn't be more than about 10 pounds and the mast will only be about 4 feet above the top bracket so it shouldn't be a huge lever arm.

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
    Can I mount these antenna mast brackets directly to the side of my metal building with self tapping screws?
    I doubt I'll be able to hit purlins with all the screws.
    The weight all up shouldn't be more than about 10 pounds and the mast will only be about 4 feet above the top bracket so it shouldn't be a huge lever arm.

My guys mount these daily, and self tappers are fine as long as you can hit a purlin.
    If you can't hit a purlin you will need to use some type of toggle, and just make sure you seal the hole good, or if you have access to inside without getting into sheetrock, back it with something.
    Otherwise any type of wind load, will eventually work a self tapper out of just r-panel.
    We mount taller poles though, so I can't say for 100% it will be that way in your case but I wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      My guys mount these daily, and self tappers are fine as long as you can hit a purlin.
      If you can't hit a purlin you will need to use some type of toggle, and just make sure you seal the hole good, or if you have access to inside without getting into sheetrock, back it with something.
      Otherwise any type of wind load, will eventually work a self tapper out of just r-panel.
      We mount taller poles though, so I can't say for 100% it will be that way in your case but I wouldn't do it.
      Thanks. Exactly the answer I needed

Comment

I picked up a stick of uninstrut to span between the purlins. That ought’a give me plenty of strength.

Comment

I picked up a stick of uninstrut to span between the purlins. That ought’a give me plenty of strength.
          I was going to suggest putting a piece of 14 ga. x 2" square tubing between the purlins and screw to it with the TEC screws.

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

Got it done and it works but need to bring a bigger piece of conduit to get it up above the roof Click image for larger version

Name:	60C8500D-9E25-4751-8284-E3B510C9E41F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	24693287

Comment

Working...
              X