No announcement yet.

hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Jim Cantore is up to his usual sensational theatrics - he just about pushed it too far this time. I haven’t been able to reach my buddy between Naples and Ft Myers. I’m sure he’s too busy to be returning texts - and cell towers are probably down. Sunrise is going to reveal some shocking scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post

That’s fricking crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I see Jim Cantore is up to his usual sensational theatrics - he just about pushed it too far this time. I haven’t been able to reach my buddy between Naples and Ft Myers. I’m sure he’s too busy to be returning texts - and cell towers are probably down. Sunrise is going to reveal some shocking scenes.
        jimmy being jimmy...[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxHXsZPZhY"]Weather Channel's Jim Cantore hit by tree branch while covering Hurricane Ian - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Wow that’s some serious wind!

Comment

Was able to text my friends in Ruskin tonight. THEY DID NOT EVACUATE!!! She said “it’s just a little wind and rain”. ��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I’m with you. I wanted to kick him in the taint repeatedly. I can’t figure why it is useful to report the news standing in that with a helmet and goggles on.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                I’m with you. I wanted to kick him in the taint repeatedly. I can’t figure why it is useful to report the news standing in that with a helmet and goggles on.
                Cause ratings? Although I dont know how. Every hurricane purdy much the same, wind, rain and broken stuff

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

^I mean, here we are talking about him... so it's working isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    ^I mean, here we are talking about him... so it's working isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I have a fishing guide friend that is staying put in Fort Meyers. He lives on the canal system. Retired ex military and owned several different businesses. He’s been doing a Facebook live every hour or so, his last venture outside, palm trees were down all over the place and his two big mango trees are knocked over.
                      He was able to post last night at midnight, from the attic, along with several neighbors that went to him for safety. He did rescue 1 lady that was hanging on to a fence about to float away, she was delirious and she finally remembered her name. He live in Morse Shores / Cape Coral area. He said the water was up to the eaves of the house.

It's hard to believe. He's retired, could've loaded up his 3 dogs and took off driving and been out of harms way. I wish he would've made better decisions but being stubborn can put you in harms way. Everything is replaceable except life.
                      Last edited by Mike; 09-29-2022, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        He was able to post last night at midnight, from the attic, along with several neighbors that went to him for safety. He did rescue 1 lady that was hanging on to a fence about to float away, she was delirious and she finally remembered her name. He live in Morse Shores / Cape Coral area. He said the water was up to the eaves of the house.

It's hard to believe. He's retired, could've loaded up his 3 dogs and took off driving and been out of harms way. I wish he would've made better decisions but being stubborn can put you in harms way. Everything is replaceable except life.
                        There will be many like him and they will all say, "NEVER AGAIN"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          https://twitter.com/TheAstroNick/sta...79322599493632

These guys fly into hell on earth. I hate light turbulence on a united flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HELL to the NAH! Wouldn't do that job for no amount of money. I understand those planes are actually turboprop planes....which seems insane to me. Well....it actually is insane I guess.

Comment

The Sheriff in the Fort Myer area says he has 100's of dead people...

Comment

Geeze, that Jim Cantore clip is the second most ignorant thing ive seen on this thread. Just no need for it.

Sanibel island is cut off from the mainland from what I've read. I'm sure the photos and videos this morning will be rough.

Comment

Lots of folks in SW Florida stayed during Cat 3 Irma and it was just an inconvenience. Then they were told Ian would probably make landfall as a Cat 1 or 2 so they didn't see a need to evacuate. Things got ugly pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X