Pay per month car wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    My wife uses one . Me on the other hand I don’t believe in washing trucks .
    I wash mine once or twice a year, whether it needs it or not!

Comment

I usually wash my truck 1 -2 times a week, and will often run it through 2 times just to make sure I get the dirt, bug guts, and gunk the first trip didn't remove, but did loosen up. After a trip to the lease, especially if mud got all over the truck, I might run it through 3-4 times. For $14.99 per month it is a no brainer for me, especially with the free vacuums. In addition, my carwash also has compressed air for blowing out the water in/around the raised emblems and decals, along with other places water congregates.

Comment

We have a mister carwash membership here in Houston. There's one a couple miles from the house. It's a drive thru machine wash, but it does a good job. We pay like $30 monthly and you can go through it up to 2 times per day. The monthly membership is the price of 2 basic washes, so it pays for itself if you go through it at least twice per month. I generally go on Sunday morning on the way to the grocery store. In and out in like 5 minutes. You can pay an extra $8 and they will do a full vaccum and interior cleaning; i.e. dash, gauges, windows, etc. I'll do that every few months.

I pay too much for vehicles to drive around in a dirty one.

Comment

We use Xpress Carwash in Tyler. We go through 3 to 4 times a week for 29.00 per month. When getting my State Inspection last month, they loved how clean and shiny my 9 year old Crew Cab Truck was, the one I pull my Boat to the Lake with , take to rhe Deer Lease and drive to Church every week. My Dad always said that a clean truck drives better!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
            I wash mine once or twice a year, whether it needs it or not!
            [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I'm right there with you.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
              Never use a wash that uses brushes and pads….it’s like running your paint through fine sand paper. Dirt, grit and other abrasives get caught in the material and will scratch your finish. If you have to do an auto wash, use the touch less ones. For the best wash, hand washing using the two bucket method is the best.
              Tina loved the pre-paid carwash. The ones that have the brushes, do a much better job.

After about a year, she noticed that her paint was getting dull, on her hood. We thought it was oils from the neighbor's cat that frequently slept on it. She took it to a body shop, and the estimator asked her right away if she used automatic car washes. She boastfully said yes, thinking he was complimenting her on how clean she kept the truck. Turns out, the brushes were wreaking havoc on her paint. So bad that the hood and roof had to be repainted.

She just got a new Yukon. I told her that I'd kick her *** if I caught her going through a car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                whats this 2 bucket method of which you speak?
                One bucket with soap and water. Another bucket with water. Dunk your wash mitt pinto the soap bucket. Hand wash and then dunk mitt into clear water and wring out. Then repeat with soap, wash, rinse. This takes the dirt you picked up in the mitt and removes it before you put the mitt back in the soap and touch your car.

Comment

I keep my little truck rinsed off with my electric pressure washer and wiped down with ceramic quick detail. Keeps it pretty clean most of the time.

My daily drive gets hosed off when I need to work on it.

My son uses one of these car washes in Denver. With the snow, his car wouldn't last very long if he didn't wash it weekly.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My local place of choice uses a punch card and when you get 10 punches, you get a free wash--double punches on Wednesdays.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                      whats this 2 bucket method of which you speak?
                      Give 2 people 1 bucket each and tell em to get after it.

Comment

I have one at the end of my street, perhaps 400 yards away. My wife enjoys going by 3 times a week for $20/mo.

Comment

I wish I could. The truck I had before was solid white & hid dirt pretty well. The one I have now is solid black and shows EVERYTHING. I can’t go through the automatic washes because apparently a SRW Crew Cab F350 with a full replacement front bumper is too long. My only other option is to do it myself or go to the car wash place in Lake Worth & spend $40+.

Comment

They loose money by me, living on the coast I’m always driving the beach. I’m at least 3-4 times a week.

Comment

Wife and I had a membership at one when we were in Savannah. Both of us drove by it daily and we probably kept them from being profitable. I was through it 2/3 times a week, wife was a couple times a week.

They are building one about 3 minutes from the house now. Once it’s up and going I will get a membership, the other ones around me(just ran through one today) are not on our normal routes so I just swing through when I’m passing it.

They do wreck havoc on your paint. Wife’s grand Cherokee is a dark blue and shows swirls pretty easily. My truck doesn’t show them quite as easy. However, I buff/polish/wax the vehicles two or three times a year and the swirls come right out. It’s a give and take for convenience.

Comment

Working...
                              X