Apple Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    Sometimes specs are relatively meaningless. I have watched plenty of Samsung fanboy sites on YouTube and looking at raw numbers doesn’t show very much, if anything.

When tested head to head, iPhone being proprietary, outperforms Androids with “better” specs. Battery life alone is usually blown away by iPhone’s lower capacity batteries. In a head to head test I watched on a Samsung guy’s video, the S22 with a 5,000mAh battery is out performed by about 25% by the iPhone 13 Pro Max with a 4,325mAh battery. So while the S22 seems a clear winner in specs with an almost 20 larger capacity battery, i real life results don’t always match it. The much smaller iPhone battery runs about 25% longer.

While Samsung is trying valiantly to catch up, the iPhone video smokes the S22 which is the Samsung flagship model. The S22 however blows the iPhone away if you want to zoom in 30 times. The iPhone zoom at extreme ranges is lagging terribly so there is that for the Samsung.

So much for specs.

I don’t think an iPhone user will switch to a Samsung for a better (claimed) battery and I wouldn’t expect any Samsung user to switch the an iPhone because it simply gets blown away by a smaller battery.

Comparing raw specs however tells very little.
    That's why I always take pictures side by side with my galaxy and friends newest iPhone (see my full commment). Specs aside the galaxy takes better pictures especially in low light. I agree paper specs only go so far. Zoom is noticeably better on my galaxy in head to head. I really do want to switch back to iPhone for some features but just haven't been able to prove cameras are better. Not trying to start a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Everybody in my family have iPhone 13 Pro Max phones. I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra (not the S22). They're all really nice phones. My battery lasts longer than my wife's iPhone, and I stream video (YouTube elk hunts lately) while she's just scrolling social media mostly. I use way more data than she does. The iPhone's camera is really good, but my S21's camera is better with still photos. Video is better on the iPhone. Google Maps is better than Apple Maps. Where the iPhone outdoes Samsung is in the various communication capabilities. iMessage is pretty cool. Android messaging is very nice in a lot of ways too, but there are some really cool capabilities with iMessage that nobody else has yet. And it only works on iMessage on Apple products.

We have our first grandbaby on the way in December, and there will be lots of photos, live videos, and family messages flying around. I'll probably be getting an iPhone 14 soon, just for all of that communication stuff with the rest of my family. I've been an Android guy forever. Never liked Apple and all of their forced proprietary stuff. But live grandbaby videos are a draw for sure.
      I have been a galaxy guy for as long as I can remember. Currently have an s20 ultra but I will be getting a 14 pro. The biggest draw for me is imessage and facetime.

Comment

I recently heard that Apple has more then 50% of the global phone market. They are doing something right. That’s significantly more than just fan boys purchasing their phones. I am not saying that other companies don’t have great phones. Samsung is right up there with Apple.

I don’t believe most folks buy a phone for the camera features. Obviously some do. Additionally, others really like the none proprietary software that makes more apps possible and available much sooner. This is where Samsung out shines Apple. Both have equally good products and all we have to do is figure out which is a better fit for our individual needs.

The great thing about all the competition is that those competitors are constantly improving on their product.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          I need to look those up since the Apple tips won’t stay in my ears.

Link??
          I use these. There are a few other brands and most run about the same reviews. Typically it is about 80% of comments with 4-5 stars. Some are up to about twice the price but have the same ratings.

Lanwow Premium Memory Foam Tips for AirPods Pro. No Silicone Eartips Pain. Anti-Slip Eartips. Fit in The Charging Case, 3 Pairs (S/M/L, Black) https://a.co/d/2d8PSV7

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
            Are they still nailing down the specs? The website for iPhone 14 specs shows to only have a 12MP main camera and max storage of 512GB.

Just wondering if the guy had info not out there.?.

J
            They aren’t nailing it down and are getting ready to ship in a few days.

You are looking at the difference between standard and Pro models. More money buys you more features. The 14 Pro and larger 14 Pro Max have higher specs.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick612 View Post
              I believe just the 14 pro models will have the 48mp camera.
              Ok, I see it now.

I was looking at the 14 and 14 Plus specs.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                Ok, I see it now.

I was looking at the 14 and 14 Plus specs.

J

Also the two higher end models will have the "A-16" Chip, which is an upgrade over the "A-15" chip. The A-15 chip on it's own is one HECK of a chip.

Comment

Battery life on the apple watch ultra still sucks compared to my Garmin. Loved my apple watch when I had one. Then I accidentally dropped it and broke the screen so I decided to replace it with a Garmin watch. I like the features of the apple watch but the battery life is a deal breaker. I can wear my Garmin watch for dang near 2 weeks without charging it. Even this new apple watch is only 36 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    That's why I always take pictures side by side with my galaxy and friends newest iPhone (see my full commment). Specs aside the galaxy takes better pictures especially in low light. I agree paper specs only go so far. Zoom is noticeably better on my galaxy in head to head. I really do want to switch back to iPhone for some features but just haven't been able to prove cameras are better. Not trying to start a fight!
                    Here is a photo I snapped last night. Just a beautiful moon. Full zoom.

Comment

My wife wants the IPhone 14 pro max. I’m waiting for the 15 to come out, the word on the street is it will come with a 6x zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick612 View Post
                        I have been a galaxy guy for as long as I can remember. Currently have an s20 ultra but I will be getting a 14 pro. The biggest draw for me is imessage and facetime.
                        I've been Android guy since day 1 of cell phone starting back with Houston Cellular if anyone still remembers them.
                        Last year, I gave in and switched over to iPhone 13 Pro Max because:
                        1) I got a super good deal for it at BestBuy (paid like $400).
                        2) Everyone else in my family, relatives already used iPhone.
                        3) Last but most important reason is iMessages and facetime with my kids in college.
                        So far I've been content with the iPhone 13Pro Max and Airpod Pro. Perfect match.
                        As far as iPhone 14Pro Max? I think I just hold off cuz I'm not the kind of guy that keep changing phone every year and I notice that Apple changes their phone model every year.

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                          I was given a set of airpod pros and while they were nice I could not get them to stay in my ear even when not moving. I think I’ll try the Beats fit pro as it doesn’t look like apple changed the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twist them as you’re putting them in your ear and they will stay. I use mine running equipment and never have a problem now after learning the trick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered the AW Ultra. I'm intrigued. I prefer the software and UX of Apple watches vs Garmin but the battery life on my Fenix 6x Pro is significantly longer and it's amazingly durable. I've beat the hell out of my Garmin. I'll try the Ultra and see how the battery life fits my day to day and then decide whether or not to return it.

Comment

I don’t know how much people use their watches but I have an Apple Watch 6 (city retirement watch) with GPS and its own phone number and I can get about three days easy. I don’t use it like my cell phone but I can read messages, make phone calls, control some things on my iPhone etc. I don’t have a problem putting it on a charger every couple of nights. My cell phone certainly does not last for two weeks or even a week and I have no problem charging it.

Comment

Working...
                              X