Best cut on contact broad head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cut on contact broad head?

Will be hunting with trad equipment this year and looking for a durable, easy to sharpen two blade head. Anybody have any recommendations? Not looking to spend big on the German kinetics or iron wills just yet.

I would look at magnus stingers or Strickland helix.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
      I would look at magnus stingers or Strickland helix.

I shoot Strickland helix. They are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Magnus, Simmons, kudupoint

Comment

Hard to beat Magnus and their warranty.

Comment

I shoot kudus, they are great penetrating head. I’ve had a ton of success with them the last 4 years. Don’t expect a huge blood trail though

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              I shoot kudus, they are great penetrating head. I’ve had a ton of success with them the last 4 years. Don’t expect a huge blood trail though
              Thats the general consensus with two blade heads.

Every person I talk to that has shot alot of animals with trad gear say that the blood trails from two blades suck.

I'm going to use the Kudu points here in a little bit because I need maximum penetration but I'm a fan of slick tricks in a fixed blade head from a compound.

Out of my trad bows I use wasp sharpshooters.

The one doe I shot with a Kudu point only went 50 yards but didn't bleed hardly at all.

Comment

Everyone has their favorites, I like Muzzy Trocar. Have had great success

Comment

Nothing better than German Kenetics

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Many of these i havnt checked out yet.

Comment

Simmons will give you the most options for larger cut diameters if you want only a 2 blade.

a 2 blade cut on contact is really hard to screw up so I'm not sure it matters a lot as long as they aren't total junk. Just get them sharp. Kudu, Simmons, Magnus, VPA(kind of expensive), Steelforce(looks like they are not part of Schwacker) and others are all good without spending a fortune. Magnus is probably the only one you can actually go and buy at a store though so that may be a consideration. Most of these you have to order online.

Comment

Too little information to give a good reply. Like what weight head, screw in or glue on, removable blade, single or double bevel? Magnus makes good heads. Heck you can kill pigs and deer all day long with inexpensive German Jagers. Plenty of guys in the traditional section with a ton of kills that could probably steer you in the right direction.
                        Personally I like heads I can afford to lose but will take and hold a good edge. GKs and Grizlystiks are a little rich for my budget.
                        Good luck this season.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

PM @Bowhuntr64

He has a wealth of knowledge on broadheads.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Magnus stinger or GK.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Too little information to give a good reply. Like what weight head, screw in or glue on, removable blade, single or double bevel? Magnus makes good heads. Heck you can kill pigs and deer all day long with inexpensive German Jagers. Plenty of guys in the traditional section with a ton of kills that could probably steer you in the right direction.
                              Personally I like heads I can afford to lose but will take and hold a good edge. GKs and Grizlystiks are a little rich for my budget.
                              Good luck this season.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
                              Sorry, I’m new to the trad game. Need to take you up on that though as I have a ton of questions. But These will be spin on 125 grain on gold tip traditionals 500 spine. Prefer a solid single bevel. Bow is a black river archery hybrid 47 pounds at 28”. Actually got it here on TBH. Thanks good luck to you and everyone else as well!
                              Last edited by Jcjohnson; 08-28-2022, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X