Price per acre for mowing only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price per acre for mowing only

Looking at picking up few local yards around me and wondering what kinda average price to charge per acre, mowing only without too many obstacles/trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Codypatt1; 05-11-2022, 08:18 AM.

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
    Looking at picking up few local yards around me and wondering what kinda average price to charge per acre, mowing only without too many obstacles/trees

I charge 350 for up to a 2 acre lot and after that it's 100 an acre assuming that it's grass and high weeds. I mainly bush hog in the in city and suburbs so my pricing might be off versus a rural area.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, maybe I lowballed myself. Told lady I’d do 2ac mow and edge for 150. Flat lawn with 5-6 trees.

Comment

I have 1 acre with quite a bit of trimming (privacy fence, multiple buildings, house, etc) and I pay a lawn company $100 to cut, trim, and blow.

Comment

I live out in the middle of nowhere on 10 acres and a guy stopped me and said he does it for 40 to 45 a acre

Comment

for what its worth: mow a lawn in my neighborhood in north Texas, you're going to pay $120. these are 1 acre residential lots, most have pools. so prolly 1/2 acr to 3/4 acre of grass.

Comment

Dang, maybe I lowballed myself. Told lady I’d do 2ac mow and edge for 150. Flat lawn with 5-6 trees.

I think your pretty fair. If they will let you keep it up so it doesnt get out of hand. If you dont do it regularly you may be getting the short end.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                I think your pretty fair. If they will let you keep it up so it doesnt get out of hand. If you dont do it regularly you may be getting the short end.

What he said. My dad has owned / operated his lawn & landscape company for over 20 years and one of the biggest issues with maintenance is customers who only want it cut once or twice a month during growing season. Could end up taking you twice as long once it gets overgrown so he will up-charge or just pass if they won’t let me maintain as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                  I have 1 acre with quite a bit of trimming (privacy fence, multiple buildings, house, etc) and I pay a lawn company $100 to cut, trim, and blow.
                  That's about the going rate around here, although I found a guy for less, most charge $100-120

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                    What he said. My dad has owned / operated his lawn & landscape company for over 20 years and one of the biggest issues with maintenance is customers who only want it cut once or twice a month during growing season. Could end up taking you twice as long once it gets overgrown so he will up-charge or just pass if they won’t let me maintain as needed.

This

This is why I only run weekly services on my customers
                    Much easier to maintain and keep up with especially if it rains on a bi weekly home then your looking at 3 weeks worth of growth causing way more time to cut and trim

Comment

Sounds like you're doing landscaping then. I primarily handle overgrown lots that need cutting. Are you cutting with a zero turn or tractor and bush hog?

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                        Sounds like you're doing landscaping then. I primarily handle overgrown lots that need cutting. Are you cutting with a zero turn or tractor and bush hog?

60” zero turn.

Comment

I wouldn't do it for $150. 2 acres is a lot with a 60" cutter

Comment

Mow or shred?

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                              I wouldn't do it for $150. 2 acres is a lot with a 60" cutter
                              Agree! No chance

My time is worth $100 an hour cash with no gas/equipment use.

Comment

Working...
                              X