My morning traditional shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My morning traditional shot.

I love shooting objects, these are all trick shots, the trick was trying to miss the other arrows :P... Shooting my 1970 Herters cv17 international match hunter 50#@28". I start off every morning with about 100 arrow, unless it's raining. About 20 yards. Douglas Fir arrows with 165gn points. I hunt with Grizzly 150gn broadheads, 2 3/4 long 1"wide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	119719709_342713720306785_5676495276587860348_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	25225729

Click image for larger version

Name:	119740977_342713680306789_6310687441953611773_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	25225730

That was a good trick. No way I’m shooting my good arrows all at one spot. Nice shooting!

Comment

Some good shooting Bob. But then again that's what I'd expect out of you.
      Good to see you're still shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Some good shooting Bob. But then again that's what I'd expect out of you.
        Good to see you're still shooting.
        Thanks Gary, Yep still flinging arrows at 71 years old. :P

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
          That was a good trick. No way I’m shooting my good arrows all at one spot. Nice shooting!
          I don't either, those are my practice arrows; this is my hunting arrow. if you're on fb.

Comment

That's pretty good shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
              That's pretty good shooting.
              Thanks Sam are you still making bow bro?

Comment

Nice. But sure hope you don't have a flyer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                  Thanks Sam are you still making bow bro?
                  Not very often. The last bow I finished was three years ago or so. I've got one in the works right now, though. It's an English longbow made out of eastern red cedar. The last one I made, I put a fiberglass cloth backing on it, but I'm going to try to do this one without a backing. It is hard to chase a ring on cedar because they're so hard to see, but I want to get the sap wood thin enough so that the tips aren't all sap wood.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Nice. But sure hope you don't have a flyer!
                    I just put those bails up, I have some 1/4 lexan I'm going to put over the top at an angle.. Trust me sure thought of that especially with my 17 year old grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                      Not very often. The last bow I finished was three years ago or so. I've got one in the works right now, though. It's an English longbow made out of eastern red cedar. The last one I made, I put a fiberglass cloth backing on it, but I'm going to try to do this one without a backing. It is hard to chase a ring on cedar because they're so hard to see, but I want to get the sap wood thin enough so that the tips aren't all sap wood.
                      The last long bow I built 7 years ago, glass back developed a spit so I gave it it's last rites and did away with it. I've been buying some old Herters recurves when I can find them. I have a 40# 72 target bow I'll use for 3d. Shoot like a dream.

Comment

Awesome practice session! Hope you paint some of those arrows red this season.

Comment

Nice shooting, that’s stacking them in there.

Comment

Some people on here might need you to come shoot there deer for them. ��. Great shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                              The last long bow I built 7 years ago, glass back developed a spit so I gave it it's last rites and did away with it. I've been buying some old Herters recurves when I can find them. I have a 40# 72 target bow I'll use for 3d. Shoot like a dream.
                              Don't tell anybody I said this, but I bought a $96 Chinese recurve from Amazon, and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X