Had enough of Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had enough of Ford

Ford F150's only for the past 30 years - trade for a new one every 3 years.

Bought my 2016 - first had issues with my screen/audio - I am on my third module - they replaced the first two (only after I went all the way to corporate). This should be a recall item for Ford as it is happening to many trucks.

Then my engine started whining - sounded like a bad belt. Took it in today and the mechanic calls and says they have to replace all the bolts and both manifolds and maybe have to work on the turbo - $2200 estimate. I ask the mechanic and he tells me it is a common problem but Ford refuses to address it or warranty it.

This is it with Fords - it is a shame but I have had enough.

As a side note I am also learning about the aluminum vehicles - dented my tailgate - cannot be repaired. So a new tailgate will cost another $1700 to replace

Rant over

That stinks!! Been a Ford driver my whole life and don’t plan on changing. But if i started having problems like that it would be hard to stick with them!

Comment

I have a good friend who works for a very big nationwide company. They let them choose their work trucks, usually getting a new one every three years. Except they cannot choose Ford because of the aluminum body. I would assume, because of the size of the company, that they are self-insured, but I don't know, and don't know if insurance is the reason they can't have Ford.

Comment

Dents add character. All trucks need repair at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Get ya a Toyota built in Texas and forget your troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            Built or assembled in Texas?

Comment

i get ford fleet trucks and since 2017 ive had more issue with them under 20k miles that the older ones at 200k

Comment

Buy a Toyota and be done with it. I still drive a F-150 at work that’s why I bought a Toyota lesson learned Ford is junk, but that my 2 cents.

Comment

At this point in time I don't know how all vehicles aren't either a Toyota or a Cummins. I've never met someone who drives either and admitted to having a mechanical issue.

Comment

Don't buy a Dodge.. I have one. The 1st and last for me. Not a fan.

Hail there all junk.. Never mind..

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post

Better check what Toyota’s are actually assembled in texas
                      Believe the Tacoma is moving to MEXICO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        At this point in time I don't know how all vehicles aren't either a Toyota or a Cummins. I've never met someone who drives either and admitted to having a mechanical issue.
                        Me either !!
                        I've hammered hard on 2 Tundras, and them things just run an run an run .
                        Hard to understand why you would buy anything else, unless you had to have a 3/4 or bigger.
                        Or maybe you need a moonroof and a sunroof, which they don't offer(?).

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Or maybe you need a moonroof and a sunroof, which they don't offer(?).
                          As a guy who has to work outdoors all year, those are options that have never appealed.

Just another seal to leak or glass for hail to shatter.

Comment

Gm is aluminum too. Good luck with a Dodge. Guess you have to go toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Don't buy a Dodge.. I have one. The 1st and last for me. Not a fan.

Hail there all junk.. Never mind..
                              Have one, stupid thing. It has 117k+ on the clock and I have to replace the sway bar end links this weekend. $36 worth of parts and an hour labor, definitely not worth it. Only gets 18-19 mpg on the highway with 34.2” mud tires. Real worlds calcs, not going by the estimator.

Sarcasm aside, you can get a bad one regardless or brand. And yes that means Toyota as well. Before I moved into the office in September 2016 my helper and I used to mark DOA trucks. More Ford than anything, more of those sold every year. Doing rough math they basically all averaged out. Hell my 16 year old daughter passed her driving test 6 days ago and got her license last Friday. She’s now driving a 2001 PSD my wife and I bought specifically for her. First friggin Ford I’ve bought since my early 20’s but give me one of those older 7.3 diesels and I’ll take my chances.

Don’t be hung up on brands. Ford done you wrong, move on. Insert any other brand in place of Ford in the previous sentence. My next truck (late this year or early next) has a good chance of being a Ram but I’ll definitely check them all out. Probably not many people here being paid to drive any brand in particular so why limit yourself. Check em all out and buy what you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X