Uvalde Co hunting/rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lamaredskin View Post

Got it done man. Owned the place 5 year and this is the first shooter to step out. Bucks don’t come to the feeder here. He slipped up chasing a doe. 15 yard shot with the boom stick. Wish I had my bow with me but wasn’t expecting it. Shot so close could tell which way he ran. No blood on the ground at all. Once I finally calmed down I was able to grid Pattern the area and found him about 20 yards in some thick brush. Thanks for all the numbers and I called a few but was able to get it done myself. Happy hunting brothers and the rut is strong in Uvalde right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats!!!! Thats awesome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s the rut cycle looking like right now? Still chasing, locked down, post rut? We’re dreaded down there next week between uvalde and eagle pass and looking for some updates

Comment

So are we ready to bring this one back up a live or are we going to start a new one?

Comment

Let’s keep this one rocking.

Comment

I was in Uvalde last week. They got a little rain, and it was looking a little better but they need a lot more rain. Our hogs seem to have thinned out and we got a lot more deer pics. Our place obviously hasn't been hunted much (if at all) in a few years. We have a pretty good range of age it seems, and a couple really nice mature bucks.

Comment

Headed out next week to top off feeders and work on blinds. Its really really dry at our place. Should be a good season and likely the acorn crop is down. A little rain would be nice.

Comment

We got a little over an inch of rain at our place over the weekend. Tore up our dove hunting, but it greened up while we were there a little bit.

Comment

ill be out Wednesday. cameras have been real slow

Comment

Great time out this week. Got a little rain and my neighbor did some dozer work and got to burn it. Threw some oats on the fresh dirt so hopefully will bring in more action

Comment

Anyone gonna be in Uvalde for the opener next weekend?

Comment

Might head up on Friday. Still have a lot of work to get done, hopefully try to get a hunt in.

Comment

I'll be there. Hopefully hunting and not working.

Comment

Heading out Friday, hope the weather stays cool

Comment

I'll be out there, not expecting much as far as hunting goes. We're going to set up a few more bow blinds, and hopefully shoot some hogs.

Comment

Any updates from the Uvalde area? Was out there opening weekend and deer movement was horrible. Hoping that this weekend it'll be a little better with the cool snap and no moon. That full moon killed us opening weekend. You could watch deer movement on the cameras fall out to almost nothing 4 days before opening day.

Comment

Working...
                                X