Plumbing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing help

I have 2 bathroom sinks that join to a common drain inside the wall. Our cabinets have panel backing, so not just drywall under cabinets. The drain is plugged in the wall and i have no access to where the lines come together and turn down. Any tricks to making a drain snake turn?
    Ive tried the typical draino, boiling water, plunger, compressor, snaking from roof vent to no avail........

turning them sucks! But it can be done. What size snake you using?

Comment

Its a small one 1/4" by 12-15'

Comment

Try using a drop head

Comment

Does the roof vent go straight down to the clog? If so I would get a bigger snake to run down from the roof. It will add more weight to try & break through the clog.

Comment

Vent runs straight down. I never felt any obstruction. I think it has to be in between the vertical T for the vent and the horizontal T where the sinks join.

Comment

My mom's house had the same problem. I cleared it with lots of boiling water and "Thrift" professional strength drain cleaner from the plumbing supply house. Buy the big container and use a lot of it. It's more powerful than Drain-O.

Comment

The 2 sinks are most likely connected together at a cross the 2 lavatories coming from the two sides and the waste or drain going down and the vent going up. So my suggestion would be to remove the p trap and use a smaller (than what you are using) flex cable to remove the clog.

Comment

A drop head with 3/8” cable is the way we do it

Comment

You just havent gotten enough air to it yet!

Also make sure someone plugs the other side while you do it...

Comment

If your sinks back up to a tub or shower maybe try running the snake in there. The clog could be lower than you think.

Comment

As mentioned, try Thrift. Works great! Get it on amazon. White bottle with red letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

get the clog remover attachment that is a bladder on a water hose and try it. you may have to go to the roof vent and access it there. make sure you get the hose past the sink drain!

Comment

Originally posted by gandergitter View Post
                            I have 2 bathroom sinks that join to a common drain inside the wall. Our cabinets have panel backing, so not just drywall under cabinets. The drain is plugged in the wall and i have no access to where the lines come together and turn down. Any tricks to making a drain snake turn?
                            Ive tried the typical draino, boiling water, plunger, compressor, snaking from roof vent to no avail........
                            Push and twist. Not too much force. Sometimes hokey pokey forward and backward. Also like previously stated… Remove ptraps and go through under sink…you should get further than the roof…at least by a few feet.

An oscillating saw will make short work of the paneling and drywall. No one will see it below the cabinet besides you…and the mice if you dont patch it back. Im not clear whether you actually have a cleanout T or not…sounds like you dont…or if you do its in the wall.

Comment

Working...
                            X