Venison Fajitas (Flank Meat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Fajitas (Flank Meat)

I'm guilty of throwing away flank meat or just grinding it up. Decided to take the time to try deer fajitas from last doe.

It took a while to get the silver skin off. I make some incisions and then grabbed with piers and pulled a lot off. But it tends to tear the meat sometimes so I had to work with the knife some more and pull some more. After I got off as much as I could (about 95%) I had about 1.5 lbs of flank steak.

I marinated in a ziplock bag overnight with Ragin Blaze fajita mix. Added a little extra jalapeno powder.

I cranked up the RecTec (with my cool phone app of course) and put it on 475.

I cooked the fajitas a couple minutes on each side. Had one or two thicker pieces that I cooked a little longer. Don't overcook!

Corn tortillas the quick and easy way:
    Wrap about 6 tortillas at a time in warm wet papertowels. Place that inside an open 1 gallon ziplock bag and microwave about 1 minute.

I sauteed onions and bell pepper in a little avocado oil with salt, pepper, garlic, habanero powder.

Topped off the tacos with my favorite green sauce from HEB. Came out awesome and the wife loved it. Got plenty for lunch tomorrow too!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Perfect

Comment

I'm guilty of grinding the flank too. I'll have to try this next time.

Comment

Dang! That looks good I need to try it

Comment

That looks real good. I might have to try it. Thanks

Comment

Comment

What rhymes with fajita?

Modelo.

Comment

Working...
                  X