No announcement yet.

Hagerman Seg C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve shot both my 2016 & 2020 Hag bucks 60yds from the road. Good luck to you guys in Segment C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shot my 2016 about 30 yards from a oil well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed all 3 of my Hagerman bucks within 300-400 yards of roads.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Drawn about half a dozen hunts out there over the years and spent many hours and miles scouting, I like to get way back in there but 2 of the best 3 spots we've found are right off the road.

Comment

I was just joking around about the buck I posted by the gate but you literally never know where they may be. That deer may not look too impressive in that photo but he was much nicer in person. Not a huge scoring deer but definitely a mature buck. I took that photo this morning while scouting. Bucks were very active and all strolling for or with does. Saw three bucks over 150”. One was a bruiser!
            Last edited by DonBell1144; 11-25-2020, 08:47 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              I doubt C will be the best hunt this year at least thats what the stats the last 10 years say, I don't have anything before that. I don't believe C has ever had the highest harvest #'s of the 3 segements and typically its the lowest. In the early days of the hunt when A was still in october B had highest success rate much of the time but A is now by and far the leader.
              Are you hunting C this year?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                I doubt C will be the best hunt this year at least thats what the stats the last 10 years say, I don't have anything before that. I don't believe C has ever had the highest harvest #'s of the 3 segements and typically its the lowest. In the early days of the hunt when A was still in october B had highest success rate much of the time but A is now by and far the leader.
                Yeah but thats like ferrari vs porsche comparison. Both are better than my toyota. Its a good problem to have!

Comment

Ok I thought I had my "permit" printed, but it's just my receipt. Is there somewhere on TPWD website that I can go to print the actual permit? I know this is last minute, but up until about 30 minutes ago I thought I had the correct stuff printed.

Comment

Gander, I don't know if you can find it on the website. Check your emails for around September 2 to see if you can find it or call Kathy Whaley at 903-786-2826 to see if she can resend it.

Comment

Still haven't decided on where I am staying. Anybody staying in Pottsboro/Denison or Sherman? Are we going to have a little get together Thursday after setup?

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                        Still haven't decided on where I am staying. Anybody staying in Pottsboro/Denison or Sherman? Are we going to have a little get together Thursday after setup?
                        I’m staying up at Cambridge!
                        Not above a lil meet and greet myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                          Gander, I don't know if you can find it on the website. Check your emails for around September 2 to see if you can find it or call Kathy Whaley at 903-786-2826 to see if she can resend it.
                          I spoke with Kathy thru email, she said I’d need to contact TPWD since they did the draw this year. She did say that if I can’t locate and have proof of payment I should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                            I spoke with Kathy thru email, she said I’d need to contact TPWD since they did the draw this year. She did say that if I can’t locate and have proof of payment I should be fine.
                            One of the emails from tpwd has the permit attached.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

September 10 was when I got my permit email from TPWD.

Comment

Hmmm interesting, I got mine from the refuge not TPWD but it was a golden ticket permit so I guess refuge still doing those.

Comment

Working...
                                X