Drawn for Archery Mule Deer at Elephant Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn for Archery Mule Deer at Elephant Mountain

It took 8 group points for me and gonehuntinagain to draw archery mule deer. We'll be at Elephant Mountain for the November 16-19 hunt. I've searched some of the old threads here and it looks like it will be a fun and challenging hunt. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on the ground and hope I get a chance to stalk one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Reaper; 08-17-2020, 03:14 PM.

Congrats & Good Luck!

Comment

Should be a great time good luck

Comment

Was there last yr. We both got inside 30 yds of shooter but couldn't close the deal. Good luck

Comment

Congrats! Best of luck to you. I was there for the gun hunt a couple years ago, and I am super jealous of you right now.

Comment

Congrats on the draw! Just FYI, it may be a little different hunt out there this year than in year's past. The head biologist and head technician both got killed in a helicopter crash about a week ago while conducting a Desert Big Horn survey at Black Gap. Dewey lived at Elephant Mountain with his family and conducted all of the hunts, so there will be new people I assume. If the mood is a little somber, don't be surprised or pass bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
              Congrats on the draw! Just FYI, it may be a little different hunt out there this year than in year's past. The head biologist and head technician both got killed in a helicopter crash about a week ago while conducting a Desert Big Horn survey at Black Gap. Dewey lived at Elephant Mountain with his family and conducted all of the hunts, so there will be new people I assume. If the mood is a little somber, don't be surprised or pass bad judgment.
              Good point

Comment

Man, I did not know that! Dewey was a stand up guy. Prayers sent

Comment

I saw that in the news, terrible tragedy for sure.

Comment

Congrats on the draw. Never been Mule deer hunting.

Comment

Dang it now I gotta get my fat butt in shape.

Comment

Best of luck to you'll. Please post pics and details on an awesome hunt!

Comment

Good well fitted boots are a must. Our pasture was loaded but my feet were killing me because of all the rocks. Some pastures are better than others.

Comment

That being said on boots...
                            What are some snake boot recommendations for hunting West Texas Terrain? As I assume they are still pretty active during daytime temps in October

Comment

Originally posted by Danielv View Post
                              That being said on boots...
                              What are some snake boot recommendations for hunting West Texas Terrain? As I assume they are still pretty active during daytime temps in October
                              I would get some turtle skinz gaiters. They are way more comfortable and not as hot as tall boots.

Comment

Working...
                              X