My soil test, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My soil test, please help

Forgive my ignorance, these will be my first two plots. Can you guys please give me some insight on these two soil tests? I'm wanting to know what I need, how much, and the cheapest route to buy the fertilizer I need.

This is the first plot, it is one acre:

This is the second plot, it is half an acre:

Put out a 15-20-20 at a rate of about 600lbs to the acre and you should be good on the first soil test. On second test put a 20-25-0 at about 300lbs. This should get you pretty close to what you need. I can get you exacts tomorrow if you'd like.
    Last edited by RMW; 01-24-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

If you get fertilizer where the Nitrogen component is made from Ammonium Sulfate instead of Ammonium Nitrate, it will help bring your pH down as well (you're at 8 now, the closer to 7 the better).

Temple Feed/Belton feed typically stock fertilizers that are mixed for Bell County soils like this.

Comment

Ok thanks. Can I bring them the soil sample and just have them look at it? How do I get it in bulk? Do they sell super sacks or do I need to bring drums?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJ View Post
          Ok thanks. Can I bring them the soil sample and just have them look at it? How do I get it in bulk? Do they sell super sacks or do I need to bring drums?

I sent my soil sample to the local coop and they blended exactly what I needed based off of it. I planned on doing a 2 acre plot but after calculating the price difference I ended up doing the bulk and did 3 acres for lass than bags would have cost for 2. You also get free use of the pull behind spreader when you purchase a minimum of 1,000 lbs. with a 40' spread pattern the pull behind while riding in my truck sure made it easy. This was from producers in Bryan but spreader buggy/wagons are available all over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I missed the plot size part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

15-15-15 is most always a good choice but you do need to concentrate on getting some elemental sulfur to be sure your plants can use all that calcium

Comment

Working...
              X