Cotton Seed and Aoudad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton Seed and Aoudad

Anyone feed cotton seed and have Aoudad on their place?

I want to try cotton seed but I dont want to bother with it if the Aoudad are going to devour it.

I can't feed protein pellets as it is.

Sheep will eat cotton seed.

Comment

maybe i'll just fill one cage and see what happens.

Im sure the Aoudad will love it.

Comment

I'm kinda depressed feeding protein and cotton seed, and audaud wipe out all the feed
        And my landlord thinks that as long as the deer eat just a little before it's gone we are ok

Comment

From my experience they like to have water, alfalfa, and salt blocks better than cotton seed this was paloduro area.

Comment

Not for sure all details but cotton seed makes whitetail sterile at a certain time in the year, not sure if it works the same with sheep/audaud

Comment

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post
              Not for sure all details but cotton seed makes whitetail sterile at a certain time in the year, not sure if it works the same with sheep/audaud
              It won't unless that's all they eat. Non issue for deer in a pasture

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                It won't unless that's all they eat. Non issue for deer in a pasture
                yep, and if you drink a 12 pack of diet coke everyday for 30 yrs you will get cancer. At least the lab rats did.

Everything in moderation

Comment

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post
                  I used to believe this also but it's actually false, they can eat cottonseed regularly and fertility will not be affected.

Not sure about the aoudad, but my guess is they will eat it. As mentioned, they do prefer alfalfa, protein, and salt blocks. Sulphur salt especially.

Comment

Working...
                  X