Trying something different this afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying something different this afternoon

Yesterday i got here late and decided to corn my bow stand then hike to the back part of the lease to a valley we seldom hunt. I toted the rifle with me but figured it would have to be real special before id use it. Well i saw a pretty good buck walking with a few does. Never got a great look but he appeared fairly big. Then i saw a dang good 6 point but again couldnt make myself shoot with the rifle. So this afternoon ( about an hour ago ) i set out to find a good tree to sit behind i hopes i can cut off that bigger buck. Im set up with nilla corn out at 18 yds. 5 min after i dumped that corn a freakin doe came right to it from down wind and she had no idea i was here. I always spray myself down with vanilla as well. I scared her off trying to grt in a good sitting position.
    Ill try live hunt as long as battery last

Good Luck

Comment

In

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

This is about the time i saw the good buck walking with the does yesterday. Sure hope they get moving early this afternoon. This sitting next to a tree is hurtin my knees and back

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                This is about the time i saw the good buck walking with the does yesterday. Sure hope they get moving early this afternoon. This sitting next to a tree is hurtin my knees and back
                Stick with it! Of course it isn't my knees and back hurting

Comment

My knees and back are still doing ok, I can't wait a little longer . Hang in there man, we are rooting for ya.

Comment

About the time i got done typing that last post 2 yearlins and a doe popped out.
                    Could not get a shot on the doe. Nubbin buck walked 10 feet from me.
                    They moved on, now just need something else to come by

Comment

If your luck is anything like mine, the good buck found him a hot momma and he and her are laid up in thicket for the next 3 days.

Comment

I recommend a good does of Ibuprofen before you head out. Pick a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I recommend a good does of Ibuprofen before you head out. Pick a spot.
                          i might need some hard stuff after this sit

Comment

I moved up in that rank as well. Getting old sucks.

Comment

Yes it does

Comment

Working...
                              X