Tree Stand for Leaning Branch Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Stand for Leaning Branch Mod

What are your thoughts on this modification I had a buddy of mine make to my cheap game winner tree stand. I had this done because the tree I'm wanting to hang it in has nothing but sideways leaning limbs. Going to be testing it today.
    Attached Files

Life insurance premium paid up? I think you are playing with fire there.

Comment

I wouldn't hunt it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it would work but it's a risk reward type of thing. The risk isn't worth it IMO.

Comment

Get a gametamer hang on and you will fix the problem!

Comment

That pipe fitting attached to the bracket and to the stand is the weak spot. I wouldnt trust it at all.
            Like said above, buy a gametamer or something of that nature.
            Better yet, look into a tripod or ground blind. Its not worth getting hurt over.

Comment

I'm going to abuse the crap out of it this evening and inspect it. Worst case scenario I'm going to build a platform in the tree. I do have big branch's below me if it does fall. I would for sure be wearing my harness as well.

Comment

That stand is designed to be supported in two places. You are only supporting it at one (the pivot point). I dont think I would do it. It's a great idea, I just think its very unstable. Be careful!

Comment

Its pipe over pipe at the pivot point. It's going to be drilled so it can be rotated as needed and pinned. Also once it's positioned upright is going to be stableized connecting not only rachet straps to the bracket but rachet straps from the stand to the tree as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                      Get a gametamer hang on and you will fix the problem!
                      x2 go with a gametamer or woodsey too and save yourself the hassle.

No offense but it doesn't look like your design will even work that well.

Comment

I think your headed in the right direction. I'd test it and if it performs use it
                        Way to think outside the box

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                          That stand is designed to be supported in two places. You are only supporting it at one (the pivot point). I dont think I would do it. It's a great idea, I just think its very unstable. Be careful!
                          That's where I am at with it. I like the idea just think it needs more bracing/contact points between the stand and bracket.

Comment

Looks like you'll be hanging it on the side of a limb. Once you put weight in it, it could slip and rotate down around to the bottom of the limb and dump you out. The Gametamer sits on top of a leaning limb, so it is much less likely to spin around and dump you out. Look at their design and redo yours before you fall out of a tree.

Or at least wear a safety harness and make sure you hook it in a spot that won't just leave you dangling when it dumps you.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              I think your headed in the right direction. I'd test it and if it performs use it
                              Way to think outside the box
                              Just don't want to wind up IN a box.

Comment

Working...
                              X