2 more hay ring blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more hay ring blinds

I ve buit two other hay ring blinds before these. You can get 4-5 people in them easy. They are light weight , I would say about 80 pounds and you can roll them in place.
    The first one was out skinned with cordura fabric. It was fairly simple but kinda expensive. The second was skinned out of thin metal. It was hard to work with and is noisy.
    These two I skinned with 4x8 sheets of coroplast I got for free from tbh er purelefty ( thank ya sir) They were misprints for political candidates. They were cheap, very easy to put on and are quiet. I painted them with left over paint and will camo them out later. This paint will help the life of the coroplast. I double walled it too. I will be making any others i do out of the coroplast. The roofs are 2x4 in a X pattern held up with joist hangers. Osb board with roofing tar on them. The roof comes off in one piece for transport.
    Attached Files

That's pretty sweet. I've been contemplating building a blind out of an old hay ring...

Comment

You need to set up a roadside stand and sell these.

Comment

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here's the cordura fabric one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Where do you get the rings and what do they run?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
              Where do you get the rings and what do they run?

There is a fertilizer company here in town that makes them when it is raining and can't get out in the field. They custom make them for me anyway I want them pretty much. Thier basic ring runs $115 for 4 rings, in a 8 ft circle with 8 uprights at 4 ft tall.
              I make mine with 6 ft uprights and put them 16 inches apart and close the 2 middle rings closer together for the window openings. They charge me $10 more for the extra 16ft of tubing. So $125

The first picture is the best so far. 3 of the 4 window openings are 16 inches and the other one is 20 inches. I use it as the door to crawl thru.
              Last edited by Abcdj; 11-16-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  There is a fertilizer company here in town that makes them when it is raining and can't get out in the field. They custom make them for me anyway I want them pretty much. Thier basic ring runs $115 for 4 rings, in a 8 ft circle with 8 uprights at 4 ft tall.
                  I make mine with 6 ft uprights and put them 16 inches apart and close the 2 middle rings closer together for the window openings. They charge me $10 more for the extra 16ft of tubing. So $125

The first picture is the best so far. 3 of the 4 window openings are 16 inches and the other one is 20 inches. I use it as the door to crawl thru.
                  I would like one or 2 for this next season, do you have a point of contact I can get in touch with or would you be able to order some for me?

Comment

^

Comment

Working...
                    X