Off-season projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-season projects

Just wondering what everyone has planned for winter projacts.
    I am going to build some racks for my golf cart and a 8'X16' take-down hunting cabin that can be transported in the bed of a truck.

Gotta build a meat pole for camp. I think we're gonna build Chicken a ground bow blind out of 1" tubing and plywood. I promised myself I'd have every blind I own "Video Ready" for next year, so I'm gonna have to build some camera arms, and ground spikes for the double bulls (I ordered a Bogen Super Clamp, and 3031? Fluid Head or somethin or other yesterday......shhhhh). Have 3 feeders to build....I need 2 85 gallon drums if anyone has a line on some! I have 2 feeder pens to build. A porch for the camp trailer.........

Why am I at work today, when I could be in the shop actually getting some work done???

Comment

I want to get all my feeders and trail cameras running off battery WITH solar panels charging which will cut back on trips to the lease in the off season. My other big project is creating a few food plots.....see "LETS TALK FOOD PLOTS" posting for more info.

Comment

1) Find deer lease closer to home, that actually has deer on it for a change
        2) Build rack for reciever hitch
        3) Build portable game skinner

Comment

I'm probably going to build another longbow, and then build another feeder.

Comment

1) Find new lease.
            2) Build new two-man box blind.
            3) Keep working on #1 till I find something.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
              8'X16' take-down hunting cabin that can be transported in the bed of a truck.
              I'd LOVE to see pics of that one. Please post as many pics as you can get.

Comment

Want to build one of those alph-alpha feeders and one gravity protein feeder.
                On a new lease so going to try to do some kind of food plot but it's pretty rocky.
                Built new camera stand already.
                Plenty to keep busy.

Comment

Get my dozer guy out for a couple of hours and make a few new roads and work on creek crossing.

A food plot for the spring and summer. Fix some of my ladder stands so my but does not hurt as much after 3 hours!

Comment

gonna continue working on my place in Jack County.
                    gonna work on the busblind on wheels that Snakelover donated for handicap hunts.
                    kill hogs

Comment

Hhmmm The List Is Long....

1. 3-4 winch ups for my existing feeders.
                      2. steps and a 2' additional porch for my 6'x6' tower.
                      3. jumps seats for the Mule Trans
                      4. couple of tripods. ( lease manager added bow season for us this upcoming year.)
                      5. feed pen around the protein feeder.
                      6. might even look for a new lease closer than 5.5 hours of home.
                      Last edited by Big_gun; 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        I'd LOVE to see pics of that one. Please post as many pics as you can get.
                        I will start working on it soon.It will be pretty slick if it turns out the way I plan. All plans are in my head for the time being.
                        I will share all pics as soon as I get started.

Comment

workin on a new 6X6 "gazebo style" bow blind right now (will post pics when finished, it's gonna be sweet)!! My lease is having the timber cut off of it right now also, so we'll have plenty of clean-up to do this spring!! Hog panel around the protein feeders, and build one more 35 lb. protien feeder!! Got lots of fence that needs to be fixed and stretched (really lookin forward to that LOL)!! I'm sure there will be lots more pop into my head before these get finished!!lol

Comment

a new job so I can afford a new bow

Comment

Working...
                            X