Deer Camp Shower House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Camp Shower House

We finaly got serious about building a shower house this past week, and spent most of last week gathering materials. We don't have running water at the lease, so we've got to make the thing pretty much self contained. As soon as we got back from the morning hunt Saturday, work commenced........

I didn't get the camera out during the framing stage, but you get the picture....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Constructionzone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	24743956

Name:	Door.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	24743957

Name:	IMG_3758.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	24743958

Name:	WaterBarrel.jpg
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	24743959

Name:	With tin.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	24743960

Name:	With tin2.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	24743961

Name:	Zipskin.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	24743962

We'll wire the lights, and plugs next weekend......and we should have our "on demand" pump by then.

We're still looking at water heater options. Right now the Zodi will have to do but we're looking for a more permanent solution.

I've considered these, but I'd rather not have to leave it on when we aren't there....and these don't have a drain.....

Also not sure about the recovery time, but with 4 gallons at 120F, mixed with cold water.....that should be plenty for a nice hot shower.....but the recovery is an issue. And being able to drain so it doesn't freeze.

Any ideas on water heaters are certainly welcome, it'll have to fit on a shelf over the barrel that is 24"X36".

Allsome!

Be sure to use a GFI breaker, young man!
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I've got a rough drawing of the thing that I made in MS Paint, but it's a .bmp.....it's too big to post. and I can't convert it, or resize it because I'm a neanderthal..................if anyone can help I'll send it to you.

Joey, that dude in pic #1 is the lectrician.

Comment

Very nice Dale....don't forget the vanity mirror.

Comment

shower head

Just a thought, you may want to install a shower head that can be turned of at the head itself (I think I've seen them in travel trailers). You'll be able to conserve a lot of that hot water between soap and rinse. good luck!

Comment

That's a great idea. My new Coleman "Hot Water on Demand" unit worked great this weekend for pre-hunt showers but I've got to find a way to get out of the wind. The weather was mild enough this weekend to use it standing in the open but that won't be the case here shortly....

Comment

Dale,

My company installs those little on demand jobs all the time under sinks and stuff we have had mixed results with them. The shut off shower head would help. Ill see if i can find something that might work out for you from my suppliers.

Comment

Very Nice Dale!

Comment

Dale

I would put in a heat lamp as well. With an area that small and a good heat lamp you won't need a real hot shower. Luke warm would work. Not sure about the hot water heater but our horse trailer has I think an 8 or 10 gallon and men can take 2 hot showers real easy. Women can only take one. recovery time is quick.

Comment

Well done so far.

I don't know anyone that's had success with the tankless heaters.

I like the idea of your mini tank heater, but you'd definitely need a way to drain it.

Shot you an email if you want to send me the bmp.
                    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      That's a great idea. My new Coleman "Hot Water on Demand" unit worked great this weekend for pre-hunt showers but I've got to find a way to get out of the wind. The weather was mild enough this weekend to use it standing in the open but that won't be the case here shortly....
                      I used ours last weekend and it was bad cold. This weekend wouldn't have been bad if I hadn't been too tired to hook up the zodi......but I've taken my last cold shower outside at the deer lease!

We have re-plumbed the Zodi now where you can turn the water off at the head, and it re-routes the water back to the water source so that water continualy flows through the heater, but is not wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        We have re-plumbed the Zodi now where you can turn the water off at the head, and it re-routes the water back to the water source so that water continualy flows through the heater, but is not wasted.
                        I'm going to try that, because now you have to turn the unit completely off between soaping and rinsing or you really waste water.Tell me if I've got the right idea - put an inline valve somewhere on the hose that leads to the shower head that when turned, will send the water through another hose back to the source. (It came with a collapsable 5 gallon water bag) Where would you find a valve like that?

Comment

Devin, you know one person that has had success with a tankless heater. Mines a big one. It has 3 40amp circuits and works great.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            I'm going to try that, because now you have to turn the unit completely off between soaping and rinsing or you really waste water.Tell me if I've got the right idea - put an inline valve somewhere on the hose that leads to the shower head that when turned, will send the water through another hose back to the source. (It came with a collapsable 5 gallon water bag) Where would you find a valve like that?
                            That's exactly right. I'll have to ask dad where he found the valve.......probably at the travel trailer place. I'll check and let you know.

Here is the rough drawing for those who care....

Name:	Deer camp shower.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	23859161

Comment

What do you currently have to do for a dumper?

Comment

Working...
                              X