4x6 Blind Build Along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x6 Blind Build Along

Well after 10 years the old rifle blind has seen its better days and needs a little work so going to give it to one of our new members on the lease and let him have the fun. Its really not that bad but its the excuse for the new one and besides mama wants a warmer one. This is the F or G model we have built a few over the years, but this one is going to sport a Deer view door and windows set. Its designed to go in the bed of the truck shut the tailgate and back up and slide onto the base. Its 4'x 6'x 75". We got a start today. Home depot had OSB for $7.15 a sheet. Used 3/4 Treated for the floor and framed underneath by 2x8's laid flat. Got lucky at the paint dept. found a oops can brown outdoor semi for$9.00. Don't know if its the final color or not but makes a great base coat and it will have several. The roof is just a sheet of OSB painted right now but when finished it will have a corrugated R type panel asphalt composite you can get at Lowes. Just screw it down and foam the ends. Never had any leaks with these and weather very well.
    Attached Files

Very nice.

Comment

Made some progress today. Picked up my DeerView windows and door this week and got them fitted in and the rest of the blind sheathed. Got some trim out and then paint left. Then work on the inside insulation and carpet.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking really good and I love the Deerview door and windows.

How tall with the platform be that you're putting it on?

Comment

have a metal 4ft that it will go on.

Comment

Nice blind.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Well got the blind finished and hauled to the lease and put on the stand. Carpeted what I could (not a carpet guy) and put the last coat of paint on. Got the roof panel on and foamed in the arches. Looks bad that stuff really expends but used 2 cans on both sides. Wont be any water or wasp making nest there. Really like the DeerView windows and door.
                Had to get the old blind off and fight the wasp to do so. 3 nest one underneath and 2 inside. Hate those suckers. As soon as the new blind was on the platform wasp started trying to get in before I could get the windows put in.
                Attached Files

Comment

Should be nice and warm..

Comment

Looks good

Comment

It turned out really nice! I like the carpet on the inside, that will cut down tons on any noise, great job!

Comment

Working...
                      X