storage shed recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

storage shed recs?

Moving to a new house in 2 weeks with a much smaller garage and I'm going to need a shed. I stopped by Home Depot today and looked at a Suncast 7x7 resin shed that seemed awfully flimsy. Both that one and the Rubbermaid have some decent online reviews but I'm skeptical. Probably does not need to last for decades but I'd like it to be nice looking 5 years from now. Anybody here have experience with these? I want something big enough for one shelf to hold gas cans and hang long tools from and also have room for a push mower, generator and pressure washer. I figure a 7x7 is going to be cramped and the absolute smallest I can work with.

Also considering building from a kit but I'm really budget conscious right now.

I don't know how they compare price wise, but look at the kits Mueller Metal has.http://www.muellerinc.com/steel-buil...pes/diy-series

Comment

parents just got a lifetime building from lowes. think it was a 12 x 10 ish. they have different sizes. but lifetime makes good stuff. i've got a couple of their deck boxes.

not sure how it will fare just laying on the ground, we built theirs on a deck.

Comment

You can build a nice shed, from scratch, cheaper than the kits.
        I built a 12x12 (minus slab), with a 4x12 porch, for around $1200.
        This was all Hardie lap siding and trim. If you used a regular sheet siding, it'd be much cheaper.

Keep in mind the size of your sheet goods, if you decide to build. You'll want to make it either 8x8, 8x10, 8x12, 10x10, etc.

Comment

Build it from scratch!

Comment

My Dad is putting together a materials list and is going to help me build from scratch. He's 76 but still very active and has been itching for a project. Should be a fun time with many bottles of St. Arnolds consumed!

Comment

Texastaxi you wouldnt happen to have pictures or your plans would you.

Comment

Well change of plans. After exploring all options for building from scratch, material cost is more than one of the resin sheds. My Dad's neighbor has one that is 7 or 8 years old. Survived Ike and still looks like new so I guess that is the route I am going. No build thread for that I guess

Comment

Wound up with the roughneck from lowes. Supposed to be a 2 person build but I did it alone on Labor Day. It was NOT a fun way to spend the holiday but I'm happy with the results. $1000 worth of lawn equipment now out of my garage so I can park $40K worth of vehicles where they belong!
                  [

Comment

Not a bad looking building, seems like you saved some time in building it too.

Comment

Working...
                    X