Maybe I should just drink BEER...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should just drink BEER...

Ordered a new set of tapered shafts, nocks and points last week, got them quickly and went to work on getting them together. Stained, spiral burned, crested and 8 coats of poly, fletched and then I try to put points on and discover they're 23/64 not the 11/32 I ordered (didn't even notice). So I find 3 125 grain field points last night and away we go this morning. I couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle, my arrows look like a shotgun pattern on the target. Plucking the string, collapsing my bow arm, torquing the handle, can't focus on a spot, the list goes on and on...

Maybe I can drink beer without screwing that up too bad.

thanks for listening

Its supposed to be fun.....when it aint fun anymore its time to do something else for a bit

Comment

I hate when that happens

Comment

Whiskey helps me shoot better!

Comment

Keep after it, Brad!

Bisch

Comment

Don't miss your mouth and waste a beer.

We all have off days, it will get better

Comment

Just makes it sweeter when things come back together for you.

8 coats of poly sounds like a bunch to me.

Comment

How much weight does 8 coats of poly add to an arrow? We all have days when we can't hit a barn door.

Comment

Brandon, hearing about you having a bad day just means that you are human after all. Heck, that's like hearing Jeff had a bad day when he gets a 5 on a target.

Go drink you a beer Brother, heck drink one for me.

Comment

8 coats of poly isn't much. I thin it about 50/50 and it's water based, I just like my arrows to shine. 4 beers later and I'm back on track, not perfect but softball sized groups at 25 yards is good enough right now. Wonder if I can find a way to hide a beer every 8 targets or so at longbow...

Comment

Wow! And didn't you buckle down at Vanderpool? Not that it makes any difference. You'll get back, been in a slump also for about 2/3 months now but getting better. Hang tough, you'll get through it.

Comment

It's hard to screw up beer drinkin

Comment

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                          8 coats of poly isn't much. I thin it about 50/50 and it's water based, I just like my arrows to shine. 4 beers later and I'm back on track, not perfect but softball sized groups at 25 yards is good enough right now. Wonder if I can find a way to hide a beer every 8 targets or so at longbow...
                          Think I may start having a few beers myself if it would get me softball sized groups at 25 yards!

Comment

Billy Townsend, a TFAA, bow hunter style shooter may be the man that invented the fanny pack over some thing just like this. He mad an insulated belt pack that would hold six beers. He already had several before he started and would wipe the six pack out on the course and I never seen him lower than third. He won a lot of them too. Beer could be the secret.

Comment

All this talk about bad shooting has gotten to me. I'm finishing up a 6-pack of tallboys as we speak!

Comment

Working...
                              X