• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats

Comment

Awesome job!! That's sweet

Comment

Heck, it will all be down hill after getting a good Tom.

Congrats on a fine 1st Trad kill.

Comment

That's awesome! I have yet to kill a spring bird with a bow. Congrats!

Comment

Very Cool!! Can't wait to try that.

Comment

Congrats very nice

Comment

Great job

Comment

Tell us a story. Great job!

Comment

nice

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

wow very nice shot,ive been thinking of going old school myself

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Congrats. Good job

Comment

Here's the story...
                              So I headed to my lease this morning with high hopes of sticking a turkey with my recurve. I've had turkeys frequenting one of my feeders in the back of the property as well as roosting nearby and felt that sitting there would produce my best chance of success. I arrived a little later than I wanted, right at daylight and heard gobbling as soon as I parked my truck. I quckly headed to my blind and once I got there sounded off a couple of yelps. Gobblers responded way off in the distance and I quickly started setting up my video camera and other gear. With the video camera setup and all my gear ready I had just grabbed an arrow from my quiver and looked up and 3 gobblers were standing under the feeder. I slowly hit record and readied myself for the shot. Just as I prepared to shoot, the feeder spun and the turkeys spooked but fed for a minute at a distance and then left. I waited about 5 minutes then started yelping and they quickly responded about 40 yards away. I kept quiet and sure enough they slowly worked there way back in. I readied myself for the shot and when one of the gobblers came into my shooting lane I anchored and released my arrow. He took off running with most of the arrow hanging out but didn't take much line at all (I'm using a string tracker). I could tell when he was running that he was hurt bad. I gave him a half hour and then followed the string. Too my surprise he had only gone about 30 yards before expiring! I finally had my first trad kill and it being a gobbler made it all the more special. The gobbler had 3/4" spurs and a 9" beard.

Comment

Another pic...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140406_090951-2-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24297470

Comment

Working...
                                X