Oasis Wildlife Watering System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oasis Wildlife Watering System

It has been my intention to set up a watering system at my stands for a few years. We have water troughs set up around the ranch so the deer have water around to get a drink if they want. My main reason for doing this is just to make my stands even more of a destination. I had been intending to build something, but due to being busy and I am not the most handy individual. So I finally broke down and bought something already set up. I purchased two 100 gallon Oasis Wildlife Watering Systems.

I got these at D&D Ranch Supply off of I10 in Seguin. They only carry the 100 gallon model and it cost $350. I purchased a 12v water pump from Northern Tool that hooks up to my Ranger battery. I am using a 55 gallon plastic barrel to haul the water. I am getting the water from a water trough at camp.

I set it up about a month ago at 2 stands. I went through about 50 gallons at each in that amount of time. I put a camera on one of them, and the camera locked up and didn't take any pics . At the other stand it I pointed my plot watcher toward the water tank. It took 3 days before the deer started drinking, but after that they really took to it.

The system is very nice and all self contained. I am thinking about getting another one for my 3rd hunting set up.
    Attached Files

Thtas sweet but the cost is crazy

Comment

We need a handy TBH member to come up with a DIY version...

Comment

There are a few DIY versions on here if you search for them. I admit the cost is the biggest negative to this system. But at least it is a one time cost. I just spent $500to fill my protein feeders and that will probably last a month.

Comment

Like the system. When you get time build a small rain catch (small shed roof with a gutter) and it will help with the filling. Well that is if it ever rains again!

Comment

Yes, was looking at these the other day - would certainly hold game in an area..

The water "catch" is a great idea to alleviate the filling and refilling...

Comment

What's the price on these units?

Comment

I paid $350.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Anyone know if this company is still around?

Comment

I don't think they are available. I have an older model that was on property when it was purchased and looked for awhile. I've since installed 2 water guzzlers called rotoguzz. You can find a thread on here somewhere about those.
                      Last edited by RanchFrag; 01-14-2020, 06:13 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Thanks. I couldn’t find a updated contact so I figured they weren’t around anymore.

Comment

We are using some water guzzlers form Rain Maker and have been very happy with them but expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
                            We are using some water guzzlers form Rain Maker and have been very happy with them but expensive.
                            Did you have to order them? Been looking at those but they don’t seem to have any dealers .

Comment

Yes sir they don’t have any dealers so you have to order direct. Super nice people to deal with and great product but as stated expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X