New to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Texas

I am brand new to Texas. Still trying to learn how everything goes around here. I'm from Michigan, been here a week. Found out about your site from a guy at buffalo field archery club. Nice so far.. HOT though!!!

Welcome to Texas and to the green screen !!

Comment

Howdy

Comment

You moved to Texas in August...........Lord help you. lol

Welcome.

Tbar

Comment

We'll if this is the hottest month it'll only get more pleasant for the rest of the year... right?

Comment

Yea, sure hope so, it is Texas! Welcome! Only thing, not with the weather, you'll have to be here in Texas with residence, for at least 6 months and a Texas Driver's license before you will be a Resident of Texas. If you plan to hunt this fall, you will require a Non-Resident license. For Deer & turkey for the fall, NR license is $315 and $7 for an Archery Stamp. That's the only part that will kinda be a downer.

Good Hunting and let me know if you could need some information on any of our public hutning in Texas.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the resident stuff too. I may have to hold off a year and learn where I can even hunt around here. I don't have a lease yet and have noticed a lack of public opportunities compared to the upper midwest. I'll still do plenty of hunting though. I have a colo elk hunt coming up next month and SE Ohio deer in Nov.

Comment

Yep, pretty hot! Welcome

Comment

Welcome to Katy, Texas!!
                  Buy your wife/GF lots of hairspray for the humid days

Comment

Welcome to the site and to Texas.

Comment

Scoot, there really isn't a lack of public hunting, there is a lack of INFO on the public hunting that is available. Another issue, all public hunting here that I've been part of isn't as easy as all of the land we could hunt in Arkansas and other states with many Nat Forest lands.

You need to search for the opportunities, I find a new one about each year.

Comment

It's like a whole other country!

Comment

Welcome..

Comment

Welcome to the fire....

Comment

Welcome home

Comment

Working...
                              X