OT LBJ Doves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT LBJ Doves

Without giving too much away, can anyone recommend some spots for some hunting.
    Last year, I went to Clear Lake opening morning. Saw a few flying at altitude in the morning. Heard a few shots around Hopewell Pond. Decided to waalk the edges of the woods, saw 2 deer, or their rear ends anyway.
    Whent to Chicken Lake after lunch. No activity, so I decided to walk the treelines, but the cows kept following me.
    Did not want to shoot around cattle, but saw no birds anyway.
    Got hot and bored, so I put my tail beteen my legs and left around 2:30.
    Doves-1 , me- 0.

I hunt lbj but not for doves. I never see many doves up there. There are some open areas around the Tadra loop that I have dove hunted at, but not much more luck than you had. I have a friend at work that lets me dove hunt her property but still not much luck. Cant wait for bow season though.

Comment

I love to hunt doves Post number 13

Comment

I've seen them, but usually very late in the season when I'm hunting deer.

Comment

Tons of doves in unit 54

Comment

I bet 51 would be good.

Comment

Dan, I dont see a road to unit 54? Are you just scouting this weekend or are you going to dove hunt too? Shot 4 last night in Caddo Mills.

Comment

Yeah, always been curious how one gets into 54. I've never driven by, is there an access rd or trail?

Comment

Working...
                X