Hunting Standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
    Read my posts guys.No where did I say a drawn hunter who shows up late should not be allowed to hunt.
    Oh really!!!
    My oh my, how we flip flop on this issue. Read below!!

If a drawn hunter is a no-show and didn't call they should give his spot to a standby hunter.PERIOD.
    Your words, not mine!!

I suppose it's a question of selfishness.Are you that selfish Sqiggy you would rather a compartment or pasture go un-hunted rather than let a standby hunter hunt it?
    If that's what you want to call it. Just how would you feel when you got to your hunt and TPWD told you that you had to share your compartment with a stand by who is already on the compartment hunting cause they wasn't for sure you would come at all, even though you paid the $80 or $130. Kinda got a "stink" to it huh??!!!
    Bottom line is, rules have to be set. It may not be perfect, but it's about as good as it gets. If TPWD ran the hunts like you "wished" they were, it would be total confusion.
    And for the record, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans to me if a stand or compartment went un-hunted by a PAID drawn hunter. I'm already huntin in another compartment or I'm drivin back home!!!

Comment

Can't we all just get along? That being I drew a hunt last year. My 19 year old son drove with me to keep me company on the long drive. When I checked in the manager said if my son wanted to hunt he could. This was after they said there would be no stand-bye. The managers have more lead way than you think.

Comment

ecfire,, you look like the dude from dirty jobs if that is you in the avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
          ecfire,, you look like the dude from dirty jobs if that is you in the avatar.
          yea that me in avatar. not the first time i've been told that. wife says i'm much better looking than he his

Comment

Working...
          X