No announcement yet.

Finding Bucks Dead After Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most are dead for one of many reasons.. And most of those die from being shot.

Comment

you could be losing some of those bucks in July/Aug from EHD, before the next season.

you can worm deer with Safeguard cattle pellets, just pour em in with the feed, you cannot overdose with Safeguard.

Comment

Do yall have quality fall and spring food plots of any size? I am in the Grapeland area and had this happen quite a bit until I invested the time into planting food plots that would last up to April/May. What was getting to me is how run down/ragged the bucks looked late in the season, and I knew we had to change. Protein helps late in season, but the food plots seem to do the best. I have verified pics of a buck that we watched get to 10 before he died of age, and he was one of the bucks that looked the worst in the beginning. Seed oats, cereal rye, crimson clover, arrowleaf clover. Maybe white clover too, depends on the soil type. If your pH is bad, the clover won't grow. Ask me how I know

Comment

Working...
        X