No announcement yet.

Drawn for archery deer CHAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called Chap this morning to ask bout the quail hunts and if they knew the drawing order.

Lady said that the quail hunt is on for walk ins and she said to call about a week before the hunt to find out the order. She said they should have the list from Austin by then. Yeah, I know, I am impatient.

Comment

Got drawn for the 12/8 archery hunt

Comment

anyone heading out this weekend to scout...err I mean dove hunt. I'll be quail hunting on 11/1 down there.

Comment

anyone go down to Chap for a dove hunt? How are the conditions there? dry/ green ?

Comment

Looking forward to a good hunt my dad and I will be there 12/1 as well for the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to Laguna Atascosa Saturday & swung by Chap on my way home today. It has really grown up since last time I was down there. I checked out a place I hunted before in West "turkey' and it hasn't been driven on in a while. I was tight, top, bottom and both sides. I ended up with mesquite limbs in passenger side seat. Guess the new truck has pin stripes now.

They'll be doing deer surveys this week.

I am wondering if they are gonna do a stand by this year. For the dove hunt, only one party in building at a time and you had to have a mask on and pre fill the application. They have a plexiglass window inside.

And the road is all torn up starting at Chap, headed east is one lane with temporary "red" light feature.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                Looking forward to a good hunt my dad and I will be there 12/1 as well for the hunt.

I'll be in a red tundra. it is dry down there now.

Comment

Good luck. I have never been drawn for Chap.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Went down there last weekend on a quail hunt. It is dry and the non major roads/senderos are over grown and ...be careful if there are wash outs in the road... I missed one and bam... front end hit hard. Oh well... got a lot more south texas pin stripes on my new truck. Will be a good year. good luck to all that hunts down there.

Comment

Drawn for archery deer CHAP

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      I'll be in a red tundra. it is dry down there now.

Looks like I’m gonna be out for the hunt. I’m gonna have to have surgery on Friday... real kick in the ***... will know more when dr sees how recovery is going

Waited 13 years to be drawn for chap and now not gonna get to go

Comment

WOW, sorry to hear that. Is it a situation that you could use a cross bow? Or go and be a guide

Comment

Great place

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            WOW, sorry to hear that. Is it a situation that you could use a cross bow? Or go and be a guide

Unfortunately its something I can’t be sitting down for very long and it’s going to be left as an open wound. If it was a rifle hunt and I’d take my bipod and lay down and corn a sendero. Which I’m planning to do for Enchanted Rock and Choke Canyon.

Comment

Working...
                            X