Refurbished Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refurbished Grill

I had a post a while back about rebuilding an older grill vs. buying new. I finally got my parts in and put back together and had to try it out. I also decided that after a couple of hours of scraping, scrubbing, and grinding off.... a 7 year old grill will only get so clean on the inside and you have to be happy with what you get. This thing was still climbing (slowly) @ 650° after new parts were installed. I broke it in with 2 bacon wrapped filets and a Boneless NY Strip Steak. I plan on cleaning the outside of the grill today with bar keepers helper and I will be finished with the project.

That’s just seasoning, grill looks great.

Comment

Looks great, I’ve done the same over the years.

Comment

Nice work changing out parts on that 7 year old grill. Those new parts are working just fine, and you have the grilled bacon wrapped filets and Strip Steak to prove it. Good job.

Comment

I cleaned the outside with Bar Keepers Friend today and she shined up pretty good. That stuff works great.

[/quote]

Comment

Looks awesome. Good job. That Bar Keepers Friend can do so amazing clean up jobs on a lot of stuff

Comment

nice

Comment

I used Bar Keepers on my shower glass, after nothing else really worked it made short work of it! Amazing stuff. Grill looks awesome!

Comment

Recently did the same thing with my old Charbroil Gas Grill......would have been easier to just junk it and start new, but the project was fun and rewarding.

Comment

Looks great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I found a picture from my first cook on the Weber in July of 2013. The outside holds up pretty good if it stays covered and out of the sun.

Attached Files

Comment

what did it cost you in parts if you don't mind?

Comment

About 180 bucks for the stainless flavorizer bars, 3 stainless burners and 1 sear burner, and auto-ignitor. That's is with tax+ shipping.

Comment

I love my Weber...my only complaint is the burners run across the grill surface instead of front to back like yours. It will get plenty hot to grill a good steak.

Comment

Refurbished Grill

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                              I found a picture from my first cook on the Weber in July of 2013. The outside holds up pretty good if it stays covered and out of the sun.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...1&d=1594159923

I have that exact same one. Bought it for $200 on Craig’s list. Cleaned it up, got the new flavorizer bars in there and it almost looks brand new. I still use my Weber Performer Deluxe more but the gas grill gets used every now and then and does great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X