Pine Plantation - Thinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine Plantation - Thinning

alright gentlemen, the property owner where I hunt is thinning a vast majority of the plantations on the property. aside from cleaning up after the foresters, anything yall would suggest re herbicides/ burns/ what to expect? property is in east Texas near Crockett.

also, im planning on planting trees where the log crew made their sets. any advice on fruit/nut trees that are durable is appreciated. sawtooth oak?

Pecan

Comment

Is this private property or does it belong to timber companies ? If it is timber company land you may be limited to what you can do.

Comment

They are probably gonna use those same logging decks next time they thin. Might want to discuss all this with the landowner first.

Comment

I sent you a PM. I planted some sawtooths on my place. Planted in sandy loam (like what you most likely have in Crockett). They seem to be growing much slower than what the hype predicted. White oaks in same soul are going great!!!

Comment

Private property, i just wear the nametag "Manuel Labor"

PMs returned

any other thoughts on high yield trees in east tx sandy loam/ red clay?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
              alright gentlemen, the property owner where I hunt is thinning a vast majority of the plantations on the property. aside from cleaning up after the foresters, anything yall would suggest re herbicides/ burns/ what to expect? property is in east Texas near Crockett.

also, im planning on planting trees where the log crew made their sets. any advice on fruit/nut trees that are durable is appreciated. sawtooth oak?
              Property owner as in Lumber Company or private owner?

Personally I wouldn't plant fruit trees or acorn trees on anybodys property but my own. LC is likely to spray at anytime, wasting your efforts. Private owner may not want that done. Best to seek permission first.

Comment

Chestnut/Pecan

Comment

Working...
                X