I'm going to need a new target.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent some time outside with the Grizzly trying to get dialed in and know for a fact that it's going to take months to get any kind of accuracy. No worries, if it was easy everyone would be shooting traditional gear. I've watched several videos on how higher FOC produces better penetration and read a bunch of articles on the subject. Oh I'm a firm believer but tonight I got to see first hand how going from a light weight arrow with <15% FOC compares to a heavy arrow out of a heavy bow with near >20% compares. In the picture below is a three shot group from 15 yards (don't flame too badly on the accuracy, I was aiming at the center) with CE250's with a 150g head. They come in at 600g+ and are just a smidge over 20% FOC. That target is 18" of compressed cardboard and stops the arrows out of my 35lb sage within about 6".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grizzly 15 yards.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	25100301

Richard.

If you are shooting for center and all align there consistently I would say your shooting well. Enjoy the Grizzly, they are GREAT bows. Find you a friend or relative with some farm land being harassed by pigs. They make great live targets before you start trying to really hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
      If you are shooting for center and all align there consistently I would say your shooting well. Enjoy the Grizzly, they are GREAT bows. Find you a friend or relative with some farm land being harassed by pigs. They make great live targets before you start trying to really hunt.
      What is not "really hunting" about pigs? I get just as upset with myself when I lose a pig as I do when I lose anything else. I despise making a bad shot on a live critter, whatever it is!!!

Good shooting, Richard.

Bisch

Comment

Nothing wrong with that! I'm a fan of heavy arrows as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          What is not "really hunting" about pigs? I get just as upset with myself when I lose a pig as I do when I lose anything else. I despise making a bad shot on a live critter, whatever it is!!!

Good shooting, Richard.

Bisch
          I agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Good shooting, Richard.

Bisch
            x2

Comment

Working...
            X